Next Year's Senior Class. . . .

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It's improving, but it will be really nice to have a normal sized SR class next season. ..

Epping
Bak
T. Olson
Lenkiawicz
Goodger
Kirkwood
Cobb
Fruechte
Perry
Amaefula
Botticelli
Wilson
Wells
Thompson

-A lot of players have breakout years their SR seasons, I expect some pretty big things from Epping, Bak, Olson, Cobb, Wilson, Webb and Thompson.

There 28 seniors next year altogether.

Wouldn't we call this year Cobb's "breakout year"?

I hope Edwards lives up to expectations. It could be a special combination with Edwards and Cobb.

Agreed. Having those two combine for 2000 yards would take some pressure off our QB, even against a good defense.

Cobb is what he is....a nice runner that mixes a little power and some swerve. Far from electric or dynamic, though. He doesn't have the speed to run away from defenders. I think he's solid, in the Amir Pinnix mold. Edwards will bring a dynamic (speed) that's missing. I hope.

I'd still like to see a true power back like Williams in the mix. I think he'd be a great "closer" next season when we're playing with the lead in the 2nd half and the opposing defense is wearing down.

The great thing about next season is we should have some great options at QB & RB. Depth and talent variety that we haven't had in the past.

Cobb is what he is....a nice runner that mixes a little power and some swerve. Far from electric or dynamic, though. He doesn't have the speed to run away from defenders. I think he's solid, in the Amir Pinnix mold. Edwards will bring a dynamic (speed) that's missing. I hope.

I'd still like to see a true power back like Williams in the mix. I think he'd be a great "closer" next season when we're playing with the lead in the 2nd half and the opposing defense is wearing down.

The great thing about next season is we should have some great options at QB & RB. Depth and talent variety that we haven't had in the past.

I really hope Williams is healthy, in great shape, and stays out of the doghouse next year. A 3-headed monster of Cobb, Edwards, and Williams would be awesome. Cobb would be the main guy and wear out defenses, and then we can come in with Roddy to lay the hammer and Edwards to hit the homerun. That's without including Jeff Jones in the equation, who is probably talented enough to get some PT as a true freshman.

I love Cobb. I am very excited about Edwards. I am a big Nugget fan. HOWEVER, I Am also very confident that Jeff Jones will be the best RB on campus next year - assuming he still comes here (which is looking more likely each day now).

HOWEVER, I Am also very confident that Jeff Jones will be the best RB on campus next year - assuming he still comes here (which is looking more likely each day now).

It's only because you've never seen him play in college. After his first carry, everyone will be looking forward to "To be Named 2015Prospect" as the next great Gopher running back.

All kidding aside, it would be great to land Jones, he's exactly the kind of prospect we need, but if you're expecting a true freshman to be better from game 1 than a senior who just rushed for over 1,100 yards you'll probably end up disappointed.

I love Cobb. I am very excited about Edwards. I am a big Nugget fan. HOWEVER, I Am also very confident that Jeff Jones will be the best RB on campus next year - assuming he still comes here (which is looking more likely each day now).

I hope you're right about Jones. I'd expect him to redshirt his first year, wouldn't you?

I hope you're right about Jones. I'd expect him to redshirt his first year, wouldn't you?

At RB you always have an injury or something that allows you to play younger guys early. Cobb would not have had the year this season if Kirk wouldnt have gotten dinged up.

I think it also depends on how fast the RB's can pick up the blocking assignments. you have to be able to block as well as run in this offense.

I can see Cobb, Edwards, Williams, Jones all see plenty of time and the hot hand will get more reps. if someone goes down "next man up"

I wouldn't write off Kirkwood so fast! He can play when healthy!

Edwards and Jones, assuming he will be a Gopher, have to be the full package, including being capable blockers and receivers, or they will be on sideline and role players at best. The exciting thing is we could have some very good depth at RB in 2014. And put a redshirt on Jones unless he is ready to go.

Someone is going to have to bypass Cobb otherwise he will be the #1 guy.

Top Bottom