What stat surprises you most about this team?

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Mine is we were the 21st best team in passing yards per completion at 13.73. Makes me think twice about our receivers.

8-4! After the Iowa game, that seemed impossible.

10th in the country in Time of Possession. I knew we were doing well, but dang!

special teams….i loved watching every punt, kick off, PAT, field goal attempt and all the returns. we did so incredibly well on both sides of the kicking game

That we have more wins in November than Tim Brewster did as coach in all of his Novembers combined

special teams….i loved watching every punt, kick off, PAT, field goal attempt and all the returns. we did so incredibly well on both sides of the kicking game

Agree that our special teams seemed solid, was a little surprised that statistically our return and coverage units were pretty average compared to the rest of the conference. Then again that falls in line with most of our stats that fall right in the middle of the conference.

Very few categories where we excel and very few categories we were deficient in. Basically the definition of middle of the pack and that is not a bad place to be this year considering where we have been over the past couple.

Mr. Cobb with 496 rush yards in November. Would not have guessed that would happen in August.

I mentioned in another thread but it's worth repeating:

VERY surprising that the defense is actually giving up more yards per play than last year; 5.3 Yds/Play for last year, 5.7 Yds/Play for this year.

That's why I'm not concerned as much about the defense next year; the offense, with virtually everyone returning, will be even better, and the defense will be on the field even less than it was this year. This offense will be scary good next year, I have no doubt about that.

I mentioned in another thread but it's worth repeating:

VERY surprising that the defense is actually giving up more yards per play than last year; 5.3 Yds/Play for last year, 5.7 Yds/Play for this year.

That's why I'm not concerned as much about the defense next year; the offense, with virtually everyone returning, will be even better, and the defense will be on the field even less than it was this year. This offense will be scary good next year, I have no doubt about that.

couple reasons i'd say this happened. 1. Indiana. we didn't play them last year. 2. we're actually ahead, so teams are throwing to catch up to us, hence more big plays against us. SJSU game being the epitome of this. 3. getting blown out by teams last year leads to teams going conservative, leading to lower YPP when the 2nd stringers come in

Top Bottom