STrib: Mo Walker brings Gophers much-needed size

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

“He was disappointed,” Pitino said. “He’s a prideful kid, and he’s a good kid and he knows he made a mistake. But he’s had a great attitude. He was frustrated. You get all this excitement. Certainly, a new coaching staff and a new regime, that first game — everybody wants to be a part of it, playing really well. But he’s been very positive, I’m proud of him and the team has all stuck by him pretty good.”

“That’s definitely huge for us,” Malik Smith said of Walker’s reinstatement. “Our biggest guy is in there, and when he gets into foul trouble, we’re pretty much undersized at all times. To have a guy like Mo come back — a hard worker, a 7-footer — it brings a lot of size and a lot of rebounding.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/234166141.html

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Mo Walker ready to make amends

Mo Walker has a message for everyone who supported him during a six-game suspension to start this season.

"I just hope to not let my teammates or my family or anybody like that down again," the University of Minnesota center said. "It was tough sitting out watching my team, especially in a game like Syracuse where we needed some size out there."

"When Elliot gets into foul trouble, we're undersized," guard Malik Smith said. "Being undersized, it hurts us on the boards. So we're happy to have (Walker) back.

"Mo is a funny guy. He's the most playful guy I know. To see him make that mistake and to see him go through what he had to go through, it hurt us all. But we're just happy to have him back. He's a hard worker and a big body, and we need him."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24641029/gophers-basketball-mo-walker-ready-make-amends

Go Gophers!!

It would be sweet if Mo could have lost all the weight, but retained his big butt. Big butts in the paint are real assets.

It's like Pitino has said, Mo is still developing or re-developing into a basketball player. We saw some flashes in Maui. He just needs some playing time to get his mobility, footwork and basket-sense back. I still see great potential there for him to be a standout player.

"I just hope to not let my teammates or my family or anybody like that down again," the University of Minnesota center said. "It was tough sitting out watching my team, especially in a game like Syracuse where we needed some size out there."

Glad he said that publicly. I'm on the Mo Walker bandwagon again!

Top Bottom