Time to start tracking the unbeatens

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Yes, we're all keenly aware it's a product of soft scheduling, but what the h**l, it's still nice to say it. Only 6.7% of D-I programs are undefeated (vs. D-I opponents), and the Gophers are one of 'em. There are 23 unbeatens, and let's be honest -- barring a letdown Saturday vs. a battle-tested Cornell squad -- the Gophers will be unbeaten for at least 16 more days.

Here's the list. We'll update it in the College Hoops Notebook every Monday from here forward. The question is, other than North Carolina, who will be the last one standing?

1. BYU
2. Butler
3. Clemson
4. Connecticut
5. Dayton
6. Duke
7. Gonzaga
8. Illinois State
9. LSU
10. MINNESOTA
11. Nebraska
12. North Carolina
13. NC State
14. Ohio State
15. Oklahoma
16. Pitt
17. Stanford
18. Syracuse
19. Utah
20. Utah State
21. Villanova
22. Wake Forest
23. Xavier

I'm guessing either Pitt or Duke. But then again their level of competition might mean they'll get beaten before some of the others just because they play tougher opponents.

SS, I have Utah having been defeated by Southwest Baptist, a D-II or lower school in its first game.

I think Oklahoma could be poised for a deep run as an undefeated team. Their non-conference schedule is pretty easy from this point onward, they start the Big 12 season with their tough opponents at home (Texas, Baylor, no trip to Kansas) and its late January before they travel on the road to visit Oklahoma State, then they visit Baylor and Texas over the following couple weeks. I'd put my money on the Sooners at this point.

Thanks Coolhand. As with the Gophers vs. Concordia-St. Paul, win or lose I don't count non-DI games. Nevertheless, certainly an unsightly "non-loss" for the Utes.

Top Bottom