Gophers vs Badgers

SJUgopher

Reaction score
Why don't we play the Badgers during rivalry week?

Why don't we play the Badgers during rivalry week?

Because Delaney in his infinite wisdom thought that Legends and Leaders were better than geographic split.

I can name the divisions in the Big Ten. In the ACC I don't know if duke or Florida state won the coastal or Atlantic.

Why we would fallow the failure of the ACC method to divisions instead of the success of the SEC model I'll never know. Glad they are fixing it.

i never had a problem with legends and leaders instead of east and west

When they split the divisions and added the conference championship game, they didn't schedule in cross division match ups for the final game of the season to prevent two teams from possibly playing two weeks in a row. Michigan and Ohio St. fans caused a huge uproar and we know they run the conference so Delaney made an exception so those two could play each other. As stated already, starting next year we will get Wisconsin at the end. Either way, you'd have thought we could have continued our Iowa rivalry on the last game of the season like it was done for years but they felt the newcomers, Nebraska, was more important.

If you go back far enough, we did play the Badgers at the end of the season (and they gave us fits), but it was a great rivalry. As others have pointed out, that tradition will be restored starting next year.

i never had a problem with legends and leaders instead of east and west

I hated....yes hated...the logo and the divisions when they came out. I now actually like the logo, B1G, and now when I see the word BIG I actually think of the Big Ten (I think their marketing ended up being very smart). I warmed up to the divisions but am much happier with the realignment and West/East divisions names

Top Bottom