Charley Walters on Recruiting 11/30/13

Wahoo McDaniel

Reaction score
"Among the Minnesota Football Coaches Association's 10 finalists for its Mr. Football Award, two players -- running back Jeff Jones of Washburn and two-way lineman Andrew Stelter of Owatonna -- have committed to the Gophers."

"Three others -- offensive lineman Robert Olson of Eden Prairie, QB Jacques Perra of Roseville and linebacker-running back Blake Weber of Prior Lake -- have been offered preferred walk-on status."

On Sid's radio show today, (Sunday) he talked to Mike Grant (big surprise). Sid claimed he was talking to Gopher coach Bill Miller about Olson, and Miller (allegedly) showed Sid a note Miller had on his bulletin board that said "call Mike Grant about Olson."

Grant sounded a little peeved that more of his players aren't getting D1 looks. He said 2 or 3 times that "I've given up trying to figure out how colleges make their recruiting decisions."

On Sid's radio show today, (Sunday) he talked to Mike Grant (big surprise). Sid claimed he was talking to Gopher coach Bill Miller about Olson, and Miller (allegedly) showed Sid a note Miller had on his bulletin board that said "call Mike Grant about Olson."

Grant sounded a little peeved that more of his players aren't getting D1 looks. He said 2 or 3 times that "I've given up trying to figure out how colleges make their recruiting decisions."

Stop using ****ty run only systems and go to a pro-style setup and you'd be amazed at how many more looks your team will get.

Walters is clearly an insider with all sorts of info we fans have no clue about.

Stop using ****ty run only systems and go to a pro-style setup and you'd be amazed at how many more looks your team will get.

I don't like Mike Grant, but his system has built the most dominant program in the state of Minnesota. There are also plenty of players who get scholarships out of run heavy systems. Those systems shouldn't hinder OL, RB, or anyone on defense.

Top Bottom