Auburn AD: A 1-loss SEC team that wins in Atlanta can't get left out. It's impossible

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Can you imagine the uproar Urban Meyer would have if the Buckeyes go undefeated and don't make the national title game?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Auburn AD Jay Jacobs: "A 1-loss SEC team that wins in Atlanta can't get left out (of the BCS title game). It's impossible."</p>— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWolken/statuses/406961288502181888">December 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, good luck with that. Florida State vs. OSU (assuming they get by the Spartans, which is no lock at all).

F*ck the SEC this year. Sorry, but you don't get a free pass based on previous year title streaks. Georgia lost to Clemson, Florida is terrible, and the SEC West is the 3rd best division in college football (behind both PAC-12 divisions http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/conference/). So, no, an undefeated ACC and B1G absolutely deserve to be in the NCG.

The sec really is very overrated and needs to grow up. Okay below50 degrees and call me in the morning. I'm bored with then

The NCG without the SEC? Impossible. I was under the impression that their conference champion is automatically in regardless of other conference teams.

Yeah SEC get over it!

I wonder if those refs who made those b.s. interference calls against MSU in the Notre Dame game ever thought they would be deciding who plays in the national title game?

The NCG should be between to teams that OVERACHIEVED this year. Minnesota Golden Gophers and University of Montana.

I wonder if those refs who made those b.s. interference calls against MSU in the Notre Dame game ever thought they would be deciding who plays in the national title game?

Refs have no consciences.

you know jay jacobs, you know what else can't happen, a 24 win big ten team can't get left out of the title game either, maybe thats just me but i think 24 wins is just a little bit better then going 11-1 in you're beloved SEC, just a little bit(no, actually a lot better)

This is a down year in the SEC. LAST YEAR AUBURN WAS 3-9 AND MIZZOU was 5-7 and they are the potential title game matchup? Yuck. However, anything and I mean anything that keeps Urban Meyer and tOSU out of the title game is fine by me.

Can you imagine the uproar Urban Meyer would have if the Buckeyes go undefeated and don't make the national title game?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Auburn AD Jay Jacobs: "A 1-loss SEC team that wins in Atlanta can't get left out (of the BCS title game). It's impossible."</p>— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWolken/statuses/406961288502181888">December 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Cry towels available at Walmart. Can't play in a championship if you can't win your division. Lol Alabama. could not win when it counts. By the way OSU will get embarrassed in a National championship, better stick to the Rose bowl.

Another issue with this......have any of the one loss SEC teams really smoked another good BCS caliber team out of the water in the non-conference? How do you determine that the SEC is really all that much better? I couldn't find any good quality wins.

I'm fine with Meyer and tOSU playing in the NCG. If the SEC is locked out with ACC v B1G it ends the streak, shuts them up. I'm not saying any of teams at the top of the SEC aren't very good teams, just not national title contending teams. I'd say Auburn, Alabama, LSU, A&M, Mizzou, and South Carolina are all varying degrees of very good teams, but a 25 game undefeated OSU team deserves a shot. So does a 13-0 FSU team. And then I'm curious to see how teams like Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota stack up against those SEC teams (although we'd only see 3 games).

Lots of parity in NCAA football this year. When that happens, the two teams that are undefeated should get into the game.

FSU is a clear #1 based on results to me.

I to hope MSU beats OSU next week.

I'd like to see a Big Ten team win the national title.

i would much rather have OSU play in the title game against an SEC team then have 2 non SEC and non big ten teams playing in the title game, i hate the SEC and would love to end the streak but to be honest i hate any conference that is considered better then the big ten and OSU will give FSU a game, the conference really needs OSU to play in that game and win as well, but also when you look closer FSU has one good win in Clemson and the rest of the schedule really isn't that great, Miami was a fraud, all of the other ACC teams are probably worse then the big ten teams OSU has played and the non con is weak as well

FSU is all ways the most overrated team in the nation every year(except for Notre Dame of course)

Gotta hope OSU beats MSU to play in the national ch.ampionship game. Can't cheer for MSU in this situation.

No respect for the two Big Ten teams. Streaks should matter. These teams should be the top teams in the polls. Sprinkle in Alabama & Missouri.

#1. FSU- 14 in a row back to last year.
#2. OSU- 24 in a row under a new coach.
#3. Aub.- 8 in a row.
#4. MSU- 8 in a row.
#5. Okie St.- 7 in a row.

Gotta hope OSU beats MSU to play in the national ch.ampionship game. Can't cheer for MSU in this situation.

An MSU win gets two Big Ten teams in the BCS. That moves the rest of the teams up a bowl.

Chaos will ensue when Sparty handles tOSU next week.

Yep. OSU is good, but who have they played all year? Their best two wins were at home against the skunks and today at Michigan. They allowed a marginal Michigan offense to score 41. Sparty wins 23-16.

FSU is all ways the most overrated team in the nation every year(except for Notre Dame of course)

I've thought FSU is the best team in the country ever since they dismantled Clemson on the road...

No respect for the two Big Ten teams. Streaks should matter. These teams should be the top teams in the polls. Sprinkle in Alabama & Missouri.

#1. FSU- 14 in a row back to last year.
#2. OSU- 24 in a row under a new coach.
#3. Aub.- 8 in a row.
#4. MSU- 8 in a row.
#5. Okie St.- 7 in a row.

Will the four team playoff, beginning next year, really end the debate of 'who belongs'?

Will the four team playoff, beginning next year, really end the debate of 'who belongs'?

No, but at least four teams will get to decide it on the field. Conference power rankings and perception will mean even more.

And let's be honest. Auburn is no sure thing versus Mizzou.

Top Bottom