PSU - Skunks game.

1gophergnu

Reaction score
Did the Gophers put such a physical pounding on the skunks last week that they were unable to produce this week?

No, I just think Beau Allen was so disappointed that he didn't get to chop down our goalpost that he thought "Where's the fun in this? What's the use?"

Ha Ha and the hockey team sweeps the skunks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It clearly shows the class of the gophers and the lack of it for Wiskey. Rah!!!

20 point favorites at home with the BCS on the line! It may end up hurting our bowl position, but damn it was delicious.

20 point favorites at home with the BCS on the line! It may end up hurting our bowl position, but damn it was delicious.

Badger rump roast tastes like chicken.

I really can't see an MSU team ranked between 8-10 (depending how these other matchups go) drop out of the top 14 with a loss to #2 OSU. With that said, we root for Sparty to beat OSU which is a much surer scenario for 2 B1G BCS bowl teams (also because MSU is far more likable).

I really can't see an MSU team ranked between 8-10 (depending how these other matchups go) drop out of the top 14 with a loss to #2 OSU. With that said, we root for Sparty to beat OSU which is a much surer scenario for 2 B1G BCS bowl teams (also because MSU is far more likable).

I'm cheering for Ohio State to win a national title. It's best for the conference.

20? Badgers were -26.5 before kick off today. This was an epic choke job by Wisconsin. Senior Day at Camp Randall. A potential BCS birth on the line. And they lose to a team, for the second straight season, with 60 scholarships

Wisconsin was exposed today. I love how their fans talk about Minnesota taking advantage of a down B10. Badgers only beat one B10 team with an above .500 conference record: Iowa (5-3), Minnesota (4-4), Indiana (3-5), Illinois (1-7), NW (1-7), Purdue (0-8). These teams have a combined 14-34 (.292) conference record.

Getting turned back at the goalpost last week affected them. They're fragile!!

Badger rump roast tastes like chicken.

They were an accident all year. Does the loss mean they won't get a at large BCS bid? We have better QB play last week and there fantasy would have been over They can run!!! Big deal. They had no MSU, no Nebraska and no Michigan on the schedule. They would fare no better than we did with those teams.

20? Badgers were -26.5 before kick off today. This was an epic choke job by Wisconsin. Senior Day at Camp Randall. A potential BCS birth on the line. And they lose to a team, for the second straight season, with 60 scholarships

Wisconsin was exposed today. I love how their fans talk about Minnesota taking advantage of a down B10. Badgers only beat one B10 team with an above .500 conference record: Iowa (5-3), Minnesota (4-4), Indiana (3-5), Illinois (1-7), NW (1-7), Purdue (0-8). These teams have a combined 14-34 (.292) conference record.

You've hit the nail on the head and color me surprised. I thought they would be really business-like and handle the Nittany Lions, if not with ease, comfortably. Big let-down. Couldn't get over how the announcers kept saying how uncharacteristic the Badgers' play was and, for the most part, I agree. I think their weakness in the defensive backfield showed up and Hackenburg--who is going to be a big-time player--took full advantage. It would have been worse if the back judge had called a couple of obvious PI/Illegal Contact penalties against Wisconsin.

You've hit the nail on the head and color me surprised. I thought they would be really business-like and handle the Nittany Lions, if not with ease, comfortably. Big let-down. Couldn't get over how the announcers kept saying how uncharacteristic the Badgers' play was and, for the most part, I agree. I think their weakness in the defensive backfield showed up and Hackenburg--who is going to be a big-time player--took full advantage. It would have been worse if the back judge had called a couple of obvious PI/Illegal Contact penalties against Wisconsin.

Do the refs just not see the arm bars the Skunk DB's put on people? They got away with it multiple times against us then again tonight against PSU. Grabbing one arm of the receiver you're going against generally impedes his ability to catch the ball. Wisconsin's DB's are clearly coached to do this, and get away with it more often than not. That being said, glad the "elite" badgers got beat tonight. Good job Lions.

[/B]
Do the refs just not see the arm bars the Skunk DB's put on people? They got away with it multiple times against us then again tonight against PSU. Grabbing one arm of the receiver you're going against generally impedes his ability to catch the ball. Wisconsin's DB's are clearly coached to do this, and get away with it more often than not. That being said, glad the "elite" badgers got beat tonight. Good job Lions.

They must not. You would think it would be one of those things the opposing coach would mention to the officials to watch, but it somehow goes unheeded. Like you say, it's pretty obvious. The last one was totally ridiculous.

[/B]

I have a friend who's father is a referee in the big 10 and he reviewed the film for the Wisconsin Minnesota game and he said that the side judge blatantly missed two of those arm-bar pass interference calls. But when the game was officially reviewed by the ncaa they gave him no negative marks for the game.

The Zwinak 60 yard run on 3rd and 9 was a thing of beauty...

Assignment, alignment. And if you watched in real time Anderson was way out of the coaching box which ends at the 25. He was down to the 5. If the linesman did not see or hear time out. Too bad. He should have been assessed 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10058843[/video]

Are we now going to hear from the Badger apologists. ...

that they're "really only a two-loss team"?

After getting back to our hotel after the Sparty-Gopher game, thoroughly enjoyed watching the Badger choke job. This Badger choke job ensures that the two Big Ten teams that most deserve BCS bids (Sparty, OSU) will get them.

"But, but, but, but, we/they really beat Arizona State."

Top Bottom