Any help from Eden Prairie

dailydozen

Reaction score
They were very impressive against Rosemount in the 6A title game last night. Are the Gophers recruiting anybody off that team? Does Anthony Anderson remind anhyone else of Ron Dayne or John Clay? The middle linebacker, Johnny Heller, looked fast and smart. Not a great history of EP kids making a big impact at the U. Do we see any of these kids joining the Gophers next year as a signee or preferred walkon?

They were very impressive against Rosemount in the 6A title game last night. Are the Gophers recruiting anybody off that team? Does Anthony Anderson remind anhyone else of Ron Dayne or John Clay? The middle linebacker, Johnny Heller, looked fast and smart. Not a great history of EP kids making a big impact at the U. Do we see any of these kids joining the Gophers next year as a signee or preferred walkon?

Today's Star Tribune article mentions that Anderson is now starting to hear from some colleges, including the Gophers. Didn't specifically say he'd be offered so probably a preferred walk on?

Johnny Heller is fantastic. He is undersized, but that kid can play. He will play somewhere at the next level. And this is coming from a guy that cannot stand EP!

I like Anderson but not as a running back, he is someone I could see developing in to a good pass rushing defensive lineman. He runs just to upright to be a college back. He does have a little bit of that I can make you miss that you like to see in a defensive lineman or the effort to make people miss, something that could be an advantage to playing defense. Honestly that kid goes to prep school or Jucco for one year and switches to defensive line or linebacker and he may have scholarship offers rolling in. He has athleticism and size, just playing out of position, Anderson would benefit from going to a Kansas Jucco like Butler.
Olson the tackle at EP I like him but he is fairly raw, he has the size that you could see playing at the D 1 level eventually, that is probably why he is seeing preferred walk on offers right now, he needs
to improve his feet and coming out of his stance, but the Olson kid from EP has the potential to be a player. He looks like he could develop in to a pretty good tackle down the road.

Hovey has some FCS and Ivy League offers. I would guess we're full on the TE offers for this year with Elmore and Lingen, but my guess if Hovey wants to play at the college level, he'll have the chance.

Keep an eye on Rosemount for next year's recruiting, as they have a lot of good players coming back like their QB (Jackson Erdmann) and running back Dimitri Williams. Also, Mitch Leidner came from the South Suburban Conference where Rosemount plays.

I like Heller, I'm not sure if he has a position in the Big 10. He doesn't seem like his frame is big enough to get to 235 lbs and he just isn't fast enough to play S. He sort of reminds me of Drake Michaelson, a LBer from EP who was in a similar situation. I think Michaelson was faster. He was offered a PWO but he chose to accept an offer to Wofford.

Anderson. . .he looked good and he's a good HS RB. I'm not sure if he is the kind of guy that is an elite athlete who could become a DE in our system. He's an interesting guy though. I'd definitely be interested in offering him a PWO and trying to see where he fits.

Olson. . .he's a good HS lineman and he will definitely play FCS football. I don't think he's a Big 10 caliber guy. There are a handful of OL in the state that I think have Big 10 potential (Trabing (Prior Lake), Herbis (Minnetonka), Marinello (Eastview).

Another guy I really hope considers a Gopher walkon (if it's offered) is an OL out of Cretin named Joe Wagner. He is a TE that was forced to OL because of injuries. But he could probably bulk up to 6'5" 255 lbs and play that Drew Goodger TE position. He can block his a$$ off.

Keep an eye on Rosemount for next year's recruiting, as they have a lot of good players coming back like their QB (Jackson Erdmann) and running back Dimitri Williams. Also, Mitch Leidner came from the South Suburban Conference where Rosemount plays.

Erdman is not nearly the QB that even Chase Vogler was. Vogler ended up at Duluth. Wouldn't surprise me if Erdman ended up at Gustavus

For all their dominance of the big school class, they haven't made much impact in terms of quality D-1 players.

For all their dominance of the big school class, they haven't made much impact in terms of quality D-1 players.

that is really odd for such a program. where are their D1 players?
is this a Mike Grant influence?

I like Heller, I'm not sure if he has a position in the Big 10. He doesn't seem like his frame is big enough to get to 235 lbs and he just isn't fast enough to play S. He sort of reminds me of Drake Michaelson, a LBer from EP who was in a similar situation. I think Michaelson was faster. He was offered a PWO but he chose to accept an offer to Wofford.

Anderson. . .he looked good and he's a good HS RB. I'm not sure if he is the kind of guy that is an elite athlete who could become a DE in our system. He's an interesting guy though. I'd definitely be interested in offering him a PWO and trying to see where he fits.

Olson. . .he's a good HS lineman and he will definitely play FCS football. I don't think he's a Big 10 caliber guy. There are a handful of OL in the state that I think have Big 10 potential (Trabing (Prior Lake), Herbis (Minnetonka), Marinello (Eastview).

Another guy I really hope considers a Gopher walkon (if it's offered) is an OL out of Cretin named Joe Wagner. He is a TE that was forced to OL because of injuries. But he could probably bulk up to 6'5" 255 lbs and play that Drew Goodger TE position. He can block his a$$ off.

bob, enough of the CDH hype machine... please turn it 'off'.
CDH had 5 pre-season all-metro guys on the roster... they won nothing with them.
Roseville, with NOBODY, blew them up. ( at least the Gophers arent as blind as you and have offered the Roseville QB a PWO )

and btw, James O is lost in South Bend.. i told you there are a dozen guys from the muck in South Florida with no names who are better.. 'so explosive he can jump out of a waist deep pool'?? haha. if only football was a jump-out-of-a-pool contest.

E.P. guys, having hit the weights and PEDs for 4 years, have no upside.. they are maxed as players..
nobody on the roster is 'raw'...
so what you have now is what you will have after 5 years of weights and PEDs in college.

college recruiters know this.

I wonder if Anderson would hold out for a program that lets him play running back. He's the kind of guy where you hear later that every school recruiting him wanted him to switch positions, but he didn't want to, and he makes them sorry for not seeing it. He's the type of kid who would go to a place like NDSU and run all over a team like the Gophs if they ever played.

bob, enough of the CDH hype machine... please turn it 'off'.
CDH had 5 pre-season all-metro guys on the roster... they won nothing with them.
Roseville, with NOBODY, blew them up. ( at least the Gophers arent as blind as you and have offered the Roseville QB a PWO )

and btw, James O is lost in South Bend.. i told you there are a dozen guys from the muck in South Florida with no names who are better.. 'so explosive he can jump out of a waist deep pool'?? haha. if only football was a jump-out-of-a-pool contest.

You're obsessed with me and CDH. It's weird.

You think because I think a player from CDH should get a PWO shot with the U, I'm the CDH hype machine? Really? Am I also an Eastview, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka and Prior Lake hype machine? Or are you just a delusional weirdo?

Yep, Roseville waxed Cretin. Parra was by far the best player on the field, and I've posted on here that I would be totally fine with the U offering Parra a scholarship (so I'm also a Roseville hype machine).

James O? The true freshman? The guy that you said wouldn't get a lot of offers and only got them because of the CDH hype machine? Yep, you must be right. He didn't do much his TRUE FR season at Notre Dame, he's awful! Shall we write off every single FR who redshirts or doesn't contribute much as a true FR? Or is that honor only reserved for players who come from a school that are a target of your pathological obsession?

that is really odd for such a program. where are their D1 players?
is this a Mike Grant influence?

It's not as odd as you'd think. It's just a numbers game. The state of MN doesn't put out a ton of FBS caliber football players, so Eden Prairie's teams are not full of D1 players. But they do put out quite a few. . .
Jack Cottrell - - - Boston College
Zach Hovey - - - - He has offers from Wyoming, Air Force, Army, Florida Atlantic and some Ivy League schools.
Tyson Reinke - - - Kent State
Drake Michaelson - - - Wofford (had a Wyoming offer)
Grayson Levine - - - - U of MN

I'm sure that I'm missing some guys. Eden Prairie puts out a D1 guy about every year (mid major usually) and they put out a slew of FCS players. . .that's enough talent in MN to be as talented as anyone (usually more talented).

E.P. guys, having hit the weights and PEDs for 4 years, have no upside.. they are maxed as players..
nobody on the roster is 'raw'...
so what you have now is what you will have after 5 years of weights and PEDs in college.

college recruiters know this.
Haha....I don't know who you are, but this is comically stupid.

Top Bottom