If you could dial up one fantastic trick play, what would it be?

balds

Reaction score
Mine would be on special teams. Punter takes the snap and "throws" it high in the air, about 30 yards. Gunner simply pulls up and "catches" the "punt".

Mine would be on special teams. Punter takes the snap and "throws" it high in the air, about 30 yards. Gunner simply pulls up and "catches" the "punt".

How many years have you been working on this play?:cool02:

I always liked the hand-off then jump pass over the line to the tight end

It's not particularly one that I would like to see but one I've been thinking the coaches might consider in the right situation this Saturday. If the team finds themselves 3rd and 15+ deep in their own territory, they should line up Pete Mortell in the slot, motion him back 10 yards behind the line, snap it directly to him, and he boots it downfield 75+ yards with the roll.

This is a play I wouldn't mind seeing against Michigan State considering their defense is far, far more scary than their offense.

Tackle eligible.
Line him up wide with three wr's in a diamond formation.
Send him on a straight fly pattern and hit him for a 45 yard score.
And then watch the big boy dance.

I'd like to see Nelson run the "wrong ball" trick play. It's been made famous by Pop Warner teams, but I know, if executed correctly, it would work in the B1G. Or maybe not.

matt said:
It's not particularly one that I would like to see but one I've been thinking the coaches might consider in the right situation this Saturday. If the team finds themselves 3rd and 15+ deep in their own territory, they should line up Pete Mortell in the slot, motion him back 10 yards behind the line, snap it directly to him, and he boots it downfield 75+ yards with the roll.

This is a play I wouldn't mind seeing against Michigan State considering their defense is far, far more scary than their offense.

Maxx Williams was a punter, maybe you could run this play with him instead to not give it away when the D sees Mortell on the field?

When I was in high school we had a play kind of like this, but instead of using our punter we lined up in a shotgun formation and snapped the ball directly to our fullback. He would then punt the ball away instead of bringing in our actual punter.

A QB dropping back, getting time to throw and hitting a wide open receiver who catches it for a touchdown.

If I told you what it is, then you'd be ready for it!

There was an awful Gopher/Boilermaker game in 1991 that the Gophers won 6-3. Purdue tried that play at one point when they had a 4th down around mid-field but it didn't work. Apart from picking up a Big Ten win, it was the only thing memorable about that game. The next two times Purdue came to town were classic shootouts, 59-56 in 1993 and 39-38.

The Statue of Liberty play Boise State used to score against Oklahoma a few years ago in the bowl game. It's really a version of the naked bootleg, which I'd also like to see more often.

A QB dropping back, getting time to throw and hitting a wide open receiver who catches it for a touchdown.

Or this trick play version: A 5 star quarterback recruit decides to become a Gopher and wins the Heisman narrowly beating out his favorite wide receiver target and teammate.

Or this trick play version: A 5 star quarterback recruit decides to become a Gopher and wins the Heisman narrowly beating out his favorite wide receiver target and teammate.

and coming in 3rd was the Gophers Defensive Tackle, and Outland Trophy winner.

That wouldn't be a "trick play" that's a big, beautiful dream. :drink:

1101661028_400.jpg

"Hanratty attended St. Paul Catholic School and Butler Senior High School in Western Pennsylvania, before attending the University of Notre Dame where he was a three-year starter and twice an All-American, as well as a Heisman Trophy candidate.[1] Hanratty and Jim Seymour formed a passing/receiving duo leading Notre Dame to the national championship in 1966. Hanratty would also be teammates and friends with halfback Rocky Bleier at Notre Dame before the two were teammates in Pittsburgh."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hanratty

Close

Top Bottom