Q&A: Jr Guard Marshawn Wilson Has Offers from Badgers, Cyclones, Interest From Gopher

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Jr Guard Marshawn Wilson Has Offers from Badgers, Cyclones, Interest From Gopher

Q&A: Jr Guard Marshawn Wilson Has Offers from Badgers, Cyclones, Interest From Gophers
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/314248?referrer_id=388419

Marshawn Wilson, a 6-2 junior guard from St/ Paul (MN) Hill-Murray, is one of the top athletes in the state. Gopher Hole caught up with Wilson after playing Apple Valley in the High Performance Jamboree to learn more about his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: How excited are you about starting the season soon after not playing varsity after transferring from Tartan last season?

Marshawn Wilson: I am really excited. Going up against Apple Valley, we just didn't play our game. I felt that we did not play our game. We didn't rebound hard enough. Hopefully, we can get that right by the start of the season.

Gopher Hole: They are obviously one of the best teams in the state. Did playing them open up some your eyes to that there are always things you can work on to continue to improve yourself?

Marshawn Wilson: Yes. There are always things that we can work on. We have to start out by rebounding the ball because we don't have the size that we did last year. We just have to rebound the ball. They are a good team.

Gopher Hole: You don't have anyone on your team that is over 6-foot-4. How important is that you become more of a rebounder and help out in that way?

Marshawn Wilson: That is going to be a big part. I just need to get back in there and offense rebound and defensive rebound. Hopefully, that will help the team.

Gopher Hole: What things have you been working on to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Marshawn Wilson: My ball handling. I have been doing ball handling drills all over the summer and getting stronger in the weight room.

Gopher Hole: How many offers do you have right now?

Marshawn Wilson: I'm not sure. It is probably like five or six.

Gopher Hole: Who all do you have offers from?

Marshawn Wilson: Iowa State, Colorado State, Wisconsin, UNI (Northern Iowa). Those are the ones that I can think of right now.

Gopher Hole: What other schools are you hearing from?

Marshawn Wilson: Marquette has been sending me letters. Georgetown has been sending me letters and Dayton.

Gopher Hole: I know that one of the reason that you transferred to Hill-Murray was to work a little bit more on your academics. How has that been so far and where do you stand right now academically?

Marshawn Wilson: It has been going great. That offseason last year, having me playing JV, I think that actually helped me, as a player and in the classroom.

Gopher Hole: Did that make you focus even more on the academic side of it?

Marshawn Wilson: Yes, for sure.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is still early being only a junior, but have you had a chance to go to any college football games or visit any college campuses this fall?

Marshawn Wilson: I have been to a Wisconsin football game versus Penn State and I went to a couple of Gopher games/

Gopher Hole: What was the experience like at the Wisconsin- Penn State game?

Marshawn Wilson: I loved it. It has high intensity. I just loved it.

Gopher Hole: Which Gopher games were you at?

Marshawn Wilson: I was at the homecoming game versus Iowa and I forgot the other game.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers?

Marshawn Wilson: I went to a couple of practices with Henry (Ellenson) and Jarvis (Johnson). I went down to the team room and just watched them watch film and how they prep.

Gopher Hole: You are an up-tempo player and the Gophers are more of an up-tempo team this season. Is that something that would appeal to you?

Marshawn Wilson: Yes, I love running up and down. As long as we have players who can run, I'm all for it.

I love watching Marshawn play. Definitely underrated IMO. If academics aren't an issue I'd be happy with offering him. He'd fit great in Pitino's system.

All about the grades with him. Pretty talented.

I would agree. UW is certainly interested in Wilson, but I don't believe that whatever offer he has from the Badgers is committable at this point. I would think they would want to ensure that his grades are in better order before making an unconditional offer.

does not appear to have offer from Iowa st. yet

Someone should tell Wilson that:

Gopher Hole: Who all do you have offers from?

Marshawn Wilson: Iowa State, Colorado State, Wisconsin, UNI (Northern Iowa). Those are the ones that I can think of right now.

Go Gophers!!

rivals, espn,iowa st message boards, , verbal commits .com. Wilson not the first kid to mistake strong interest with an offer. Remember Chad Calcatterra said he had a gopher offer ...but was mistaken

rivals, espn,iowa st message boards, , verbal commits .com. Wilson not the first kid to mistake strong interest with an offer. Remember Chad Calcatterra said he had a gopher offer ...but was mistaken

saul offered chad. vince laughed, tubby had to awkwardly back away, but saul flat out offered.

I would agree. UW is certainly interested in Wilson, but I don't believe that whatever offer he has from the Badgers is committable at this point. I would think they would want to ensure that his grades are in better order before making an unconditional offer.
ll
Scout Subscriber
Senior
7140 posts this site
Posted: 6/16/2013 8:16 PM
Re: Badgers offer Marshawn Wilson
There is ZERO truth to that scholarship offer
Benjamin Worgull
Publisher
http://twitter.com/TheBadgerNation

I would watch more of these highlight clips but the music is so damn bad and annoying.

Why don't you just mute the video and then play Michael Bolton or Whitney Houston in the background or whatever it is you are in to?

Why don't you just mute the video and then play Michael Bolton or Whitney Houston in the background or whatever it is you are in to?

Haha I'll never understand complaints like that. Super easy to just mute it.

Top Bottom