GAME #8: Gophers (5-2) v. Chaminade (who cares) [ESPNU, 1:30 PM]

Chaminade seems to be able to pull off a pretty big upset in this tournament every few years. Let's hope it's not us.

I watched Chaminade aganist Baylor...only reason it was a game in the first half was because Chaminade (and that Varidel guy especially) couldn't miss a 3. They don't have the athletes to dunk on us all day like Arkansas had.

This and the Florida State game have become must wins in order to salvage the non-conference schedule. Can they do it? Or will they play with the same intensity that they did against Arkansas?

Wish Gophers could just skip this game and start getting ready for Florida State. A meaningless non-Division I game. Nobody get hurt is the main goal.

Beat Florida State and the Gophers will have salvaged (nothing more) a 2-2 record in the nonconference games that matter (@ Richmond, vs. Syracuse, vs. Arkansas, Florida State). Not great, but not a disaster, either. Long way to go in the season, and a lot of time to get better.

Beat FSU.

Wish Gophers could just skip this game and start getting ready for Florida State. A meaningless non-Division I game. Nobody get hurt is the main goal.

Beat Florida State and the Gophers will have salvaged (nothing more) a 2-2 record in the nonconference games that matter (@ Richmond, vs. Syracuse, vs. Arkansas, Florida State). Not great, but not a disaster, either. Long way to go in the season, and a lot of time to get better.

Beat FSU.

Gotta come out ready to support the team Tuesday night.

Beat FSU.

I hear you. However, this game is a chance to improve and providing they win, get some confidence back. Yesterday was a beat down in the second half. I have the feeling that this coach has learned some things and will adapt as will the team and I think both are willing to learn and grow from what happened yesterday.

I'll watch as I want to see how they respond to two losses. Even though it's against a DII school - it's a game on national TV. So IMO it's worth a look after a month of poorly streamed games.

It counts on their record, but not in the eyes of the RPI or the Selection Committee. Non-DI games are excluded when teams are under consideration for at-large bids, etc.

Thanks, SS. I knew if I waited long enough with the question to the board that you would come thru, as you always do.

Chaminade seems to be able to pull off a pretty big upset in this tournament every few years. Let's hope it's not us.

Would Chaminade beating us really constitute as a big upset? I mean, I'm not sure we are much better than them. Depends on how you look at it.

Would Chaminade beating us really constitute as a big upset? I mean, I'm not sure we are much better than them. Depends on how you look at it.

My god man. Please tell me you aren't serious. Troll elsewhere.

If you're not sure about something, why spread it around? Let the game play out and then you can say something about being sure of something or not.

We're favored by 22 so yes, it'd be a big upset, and yes we are quite a bit better than them.

I'm regretting cheating out on my cable package. No espnu and no link on firstrow.

I'm regretting cheating out on my cable package. No espnu and no link on firstrow.

Isn't it on ESPN3 also then? You can just download that app on your phone, iPad, whatever if you don't already have it!

First Row is a virus machine in my experience. It'll allow a nasty browser to take over your current browser. It's called Conduit - be careful as it's hard to remove.

Isn't it on ESPN3 also then? You can just download that app on your phone, iPad, whatever if you don't already have it!

Only if you have espnu. It's blocked on watch espn unless you have the channel.

My god man. Please tell me you aren't serious. Troll elsewhere.

No trolling. I just don't think we as Gopher fans are in a position to take wins for granted and assume any win right now. I certainly hope the Gophers kick the crap out of Chaminade, I'm just not completely positive of that right now.

Do any of you get nervous when the opposing team's offense draws Elliot out to the 3-point perimeter to defend? I always feel like he is going to get blown by on a drive.

EE's feet are slow - so yes - that's a concern with this team. But he's a much better player than a year ago - so it seems.

No trolling. I just don't think we as Gopher fans are in a position to take wins for granted and assume any win right now. I certainly hope the Gophers kick the crap out of Chaminade, I'm just not completely positive of that right now.

You're embarrassing yourself.

EE's feet are slow - so yes - that's a concern with this team. But he's a much better player than a year ago - so it seems.

I absolutely agree. I am surprised with what he pulls off in game. It's like his body doesn't match with the kind of player he is. His technique is funny to watch at times but effective.

I absolutely agree. I am surprised with what he pulls off in game. It's like his body doesn't match with the kind of player he is. His technique is funny to watch at times but effective.

Yep! The announcers touched on that yesterday talking about how his style seems awkward, but he is effective in how he plays

Top Bottom