Clem Haskins and his Kentucky farm vs. low prices

mnsports1

Reaction score
Clem is enjoying being out of the spotlight on his farm, but is having a tough time getting competitive prices for his "organic" crops. I am sure the "genetically engineered" idea has crossed his mind.

Clem is enjoying being out of the spotlight on his farm, but is having a tough time getting competitive prices for his "organic" crops. I am sure the "genetically engineered" idea has crossed his mind.

Don't be a dick leave the guy alone. It sucks we can't hang the 97 banners, but he brought us great memories in 89 and 90 as well. Scandal or not I'd take the Clem years over Tunny and Monson anyday.

Don't be a dick leave the guy alone. It sucks we can't hang the 97 banners, but he brought us great memories in 89 and 90 as well. Scandal or not I'd take the Clem years over Tunny and Monson anyday.

I prefer these kids just wrote their own damn papers and Clem was still the coach at age 70 of a program on it's way to 30 years of success.

What I've always wondered... Were these players that cheated so stupid they need the academic help to stay on the court or was it just pure laziness (a perk for the players) & the whole thing could have been avoided and we could have those and more banners without cheating.

I prefer these kids just wrote their own damn papers and Clem was still the coach at age 70 of a program on it's way to 30 years of success.

What I've always wondered... Were these players that cheated so stupid they need the academic help to stay on the court or was it just pure laziness (a perk for the players) & the whole thing could have been avoided and we could have those and more banners without cheating.
It is damn near impossible to be so unintelligent that you can't get a C average in college assuming you try hard and use the resources available to you.

There are obvious issues that many student-athletes face. Not least of which is the fact that some students from urban, under-performing schools are ill-prepared for a school like the U, and never would have been admitted had it not been for sports. I view this as a good thing, as it gives kids an opportunity for an education they otherwise would not have, but not everyone appreciates that or is willing to put in the effort to make up the difference.

And I'm sure it's very tempting to cut corners when there are already so many demands on your time and the resources to cheat are made available to you.

I once asked Clem what he would do if he won the Powerball Lottery. His answer? "I'd go into organic farming until it was gone."

It is damn near impossible to be so unintelligent that you can't get a C average in college assuming you try hard and use the resources available to you.

You would hope so... but there are some not so bright basketball & non-academically motivated players out there. One of my favorites (ESPN Top 100) Jacob Thomas committed to UTEP this year, then didn't qualify.

It's funny how this thread (and its analogues) went right over everyone's head.

It's funny how this thread (and its analogues) went right over everyone's head.

I was going to go Dutcher vs. Thanksgiving dinner, but honestly didn't know if he was in good health so I didn't go there.

Top Bottom