Where was Dre Mathieu in the 2nd half?

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Where was he? He got big minutes in the 1st half and was only pulled because of foul trouble, but I didn't see him in there at all during the last part of the 2nd half when I started looking for him. Maybe his injury required more attention?

Where was he? He got big minutes in the 1st half and was only pulled because of foul trouble, but I didn't see him in there at all during the last part of the 2nd half when I started looking for him. Maybe his injury required more attention?

I think Malik's shooting was a big reason for it, plus we were already playing undersized with EE in foul trouble so putting Mathieu out there would only make it worse. With that being said I would have liked to see him get more playing time.

I thought Mathieu should have been in the last parts of the game. While Malik was great the 1st 10 minutes of the second half he really didn't do much the last 10 minutes (that I can remember) and we could have really used Mathieu's ball handling.

He was also in some foul trouble IIRC.

Good question. Certainly deserves the question being asked to the staff. I'll assume they have a logical answer, but I don't have one.

Combination of foul trouble, extreme size disadvantage, and the need for more outside shooters on the floor once Syracuse started to pull farther ahead in the second half.

Top Bottom