Tubby/Texas Tech Observations

Dr.Don

Reaction score
Half time score... Pitt 41 Tech 18. Tubby has a lot of work to do there.

I think it is tremendous that Tubby is in Lubbock.

41-18? Clearly the offense is on pace, but the D needs work.

18 is great. Wait till he puts up 17 against Northwestern.

Oh never mind, I know how that story goes.

Glad to see him losing big. Hope to see more in the future.

Is this the bitterness from the Tubby backers that was being talked about in another thread? Unfortunately this by a Tubby basher not a backer. I see no need to hope he does poorly there. It's not like the guy quit on the gophers. He did as well as he could here and was asked to move on. Let it go.

I have nothing against Tubby, but I can't even express how happy I am with Teague's decision to let him go in favor of Pitino. We are really lucky.

I don't disagree with that Madtown. I am hoping Pitino can take us further than we've been in the past few years and am glad the decision was made too.

Glad to see him losing big. Hope to see more in the future.

No need to have ill will. Tubby is a good man. It didn't work out here as well as anyone hoped. His failing at TT does us no good. Wish him well and move on.

I have nothing against Tubby, but I can't even express how happy I am with Teague's decision to let him go in favor of Pitino. We are really lucky.

I don't have anything against him, either, but I'm glad that the two most underachieving coaches (Smith and Weber) in the B1G this decade are now out of the B1G and in the Big 12 where they can help take down their conference. Texas Tech and Kansas State aren't going to do anything more of note until those guys are gone.

I think the Tubby bashing is beneath us. We should be more dignified about this stuff.

OK, that said, if there's any bitterness I feel, it involves what happened in Maui tonight. I can't help but feel that Smith and the NCAA conspired to give the Gophers the extremely thin frontcourt we faced off with against Syracuse. The cupboard might not be bare, but there are a couple cubbies that are dangerously low. Think if Walker hadn't been persuaded by the new coach to lose 60 pounds.

I don't have anything against him, either, but I'm glad that the two most underachieving coaches (Smith and Weber) in the B1G this decade are now out of the B1G and in the Big 12 where they can help take down their conference. Texas Tech and Kansas State aren't going to do anything more of note until those guys are gone.

Weber isn't exactly bringing "down" the conference considering that he won the 2013 Big 12 coach of the year and posted the best single season winning percentage in Kansas State History. But whatever..

A great collection of classy fans here. They made a good adjustment at the 1/2 time so score was 35-35 in the 2nd half. Gophers played better in the 1st half so Richard's 1/2 time adjustment was negative. These are facts not hated stats.

I noticed Saul in the huddles talking to players during time outs, this doesn't seem normal for the video coordinator or am I wrong? I would think if not normal the other assistants would not be real happy?

A great collection of classy fans here. They made a good adjustment at the 1/2 time so score was 35-35 in the 2nd half. Gophers played better in the 1st half so Richard's 1/2 time adjustment was negative. These are facts not hated stats.

I'd be curious to see what Google has to say about that.

Right, not like they called their dogs off. I'm sure the starters went full tilt in the second half...

That was my 1st thought also but I have read that Pit is very deep this year so their bench was way more talented than TT.

We will never know how OSU brings it's football and basketball talent to their school, will we?

You will find a way to twist anything in Tubby's favor. Do you have a shrine of him in your bedroom?

No, I don't even have a picture or a signature. Maybe, I have become an underdog defender???? He is a great man and has done so much for people other than basketball. He should have retired last year. Coaching at TT may cost him another cancer.

Weber isn't exactly bringing "down" the conference considering that he won the 2013 Big 12 coach of the year and posted the best single season winning percentage in Kansas State History. But whatever..

Dude, Weber has just gotten started. Just like at Illinois, Weber has already coached his most talented roster he will ever coach at his school very early in his tenure, and it will only be downhill just like at Illinois because Weber is a poor talent evaluator and procurer. K-State also didn't even make the S16 in what you're referring to as a "great" season - the same program that not too long ago was in the Elite 8. K-State has already suffered some embarrassing losses early this season as he has started to get "his guys" into the program (who will only make the program mired in mediocrity) - defeated in the home opener by Northern Colorado and just got routed by nearly 30 points against an unranked Georgetown team.

Why do we say "its not his players" when pitino struggles, but when tubby's team struggles, the blame is squarely on him. Tubby inherited a terrible team, Pitino inherited a decent/good team that tubby assembled, so obviously he should and will have a better season. Give both coaches time before coming to judgement.

And can people lay off tubby already, The guy left this program in much better shape than he inherited, was awesome in the community, and frankly recruited much better than pitino did his first year here, no matter what you guys may think. He had a lot of bad luck here with injuries, academic issues, players wanting to smoke weed, and players just flat out making dumb decisions. The reason I am fan of this program is because of Tubby, never followed the program that closely before he got here. I am hoping Pitino succeeds, because I am a fan of the team, but wish nothing but the best for Tubby. You guys make it seem like we are UNC or Kansas and are supposed to be way better, when in reality we were an after thought at the national scene before Tubby got here.

Do you realize what the topic of this thread is?

Yes I do. I am shocked that people on this board let somebody from other schools come here to bad-mouth their former coach. That shows their class.

Top Bottom