Davis' first assignment...go get Taylor Lewan

runningopher

Reaction score
This according to Rivals. Goes to show how much they want this kid. I think it's awesome that he went down to AZ right away.

Go Gophers!!!

This according to Rivals. Goes to show how much they want this kid. I think it's awesome that he went down to AZ right away.

Go Gophers!!!

That is awesome!!! Last week that is I wrote that flying down to AZ to see Lewan should be his first order of business. It brings a smile to my face. :)

Reading that article got me pumped to see the changes in the offense! I believe Dunbar has just one year left on his contract. Pretty sure he is being phased out in favor of Davis.

Lewan

Reading that article got me pumped to see the changes in the offense! I believe Dunbar has just one year left on his contract. Pretty sure he is being phased out in favor of Davis.

His quotes in the story are fantastic. I feel like we have to be considered the favorite right now. Hopefully his visits to Michigan and Oregon don't change any of the thoughts he has right now.

Somebody copy and paste some of the article. I'm a cheapass and don't subscribe.

Somebody copy and paste some of the article. I'm a cheapass and don't subscribe.

To paraphrase, it says they are going to run a combo of spread and pro sets and the lineman are going to be in a 3 point stance. Lewan wants to go pro so having a coach that has coached at USC & for the Dolphins and running an offense that has pro-style sets should be good for him(remember too, the other official visits he has scheduled are Michigan & Oregon which are pure spread teams). He liked Minnesota before and he likes them even more now...

To paraphrase, it says they are going to run a combo of spread and pro sets and the lineman are going to be in a 3 point stance. Lewan wants to go pro so having a coach that has coached at USC & for the Dolphins and running an offense that has pro-style sets should be good for him(remember too, the other official visits he has scheduled are Michigan & Oregon which are pure spread teams). He liked Minnesota before and he likes them even more now...

Could you imagine the Gophers getting both Lewan and Richardson to go along with the rest of the linemen they already have committed? WOW!

Could you imagine the Gophers getting both Lewan and Richardson to go along with the rest of the linemen they already have committed? WOW!

The Missouri OC left to take over the Wyoming HC job and there are rumors that the DC interviewed at Toledo, his alma mater. That can't exactly hurt our chances but even if it is not Missouri, there is still Miami to worry about.

Davis' second assignment: Go to Cretin and meet with Seantrel Henderson

It is being reported that Davis went to CDH to meet Seantrel today. I like that in his first week of work we have Davis meet with a 4 star recruit and a will be 5 star recruit that would probably be the biggest recruit we have ever signed.

Davis is going to meet Campion & Olsen (not sure about Michel) this weekend when they are here on an official visit. Olsen is pumped up about the Gophers hiring Davis.

If we get Richardson chances are he would end up being a DT, not on the O-line. He would still be a huge get for the program, we definately need some D-line help.

Michigan fans seem confident that Lewan will commit to be a Wolverine:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2019&t=3538638

Is there a story out there indicating this?

That is kind of funny because I talked to a few Michigan fans about the last few guys they were close on and nobody mentioned Lewan.

They think there best chances for players left are: William Campbell, Quinton Washington, Cam Gordon, Denard Robinson, Pernell McPhee, Cris Freeman, Thames, and an outside shot at Mywan Jackson & Demontre Hurst (I'd bet he ends up at Miami).

Absolutely no mention of Lewan.

Lewan is supposed to do an official visit but it keeps getting moved because they're advancing in state. Craig Roh, his HS teammate, has already committed and has been talking to Lewan about it so most of the talk centers around that but they're not necessarily a package deal.

Top Bottom