LEAVE MALIK ALONE

He was a great addition. I saw he rebounded pretty solidly as well. I second leaving him alone, but you know how MINNESOTA people are. If he has one bad game, they will be asking him to transfer.

He looked really confident out there tonight. I really liked what he did! He single-handedly kept us in the game on offense. Only criticism I'd have was throwing the ball away down 2 late in the game on an outlet to King, and that air-ball he had. He really picked up the slack from Andre and Austin tonight, but unfortunately, we needed their efforts too in order to win that game.

He is what he is. You need someone like him when you are going up against a 2-3 like we did tonight.

He hit some big shots but he also turned the ball over 5 times including two late turnovers. He's a hit and miss type of player. I'm 100% on board with bringing him in this year because it was necessary. It's going to be a roller coaster ride with him.

He's a one year experiment and we needed bodies. Kid can shoot and has moxy. Would not surprise me to have him win a game with a 3 point bomb this year. I like his confidence a lot. I'm happy to have him.

Like Little Dre, Smith needs to adjust to the big time. Same with King. This is not FIU type competition and JUCO. Going against Syracuse was a great game situation for all of them and I hope they will learn from it. Too bad Mo couldn't have played.

...Vinny the Microwave...
Nice to have someone who can come off the bench and light it up if needed.

I like Malik and what he brings to the team, but it would be great if he would try to avoid situations where he was required to dribble.

I like Malik and what he brings to the team, but it would be great if he would try to avoid situations where he was required to dribble.

This. There's no denying he's good for a clutch shot and stretching the defense.

He hit some big shots but he also turned the ball over 5 times including two late turnovers. He's a hit and miss type of player. I'm 100% on board with bringing him in this year because it was necessary. It's going to be a roller coaster ride with him.

Great post. I bet he'll win a couple games by heating up at the right time, but still it's pretty clear his defense is Ok at best, that he doesn't drive the hoop & that his shot selection is brutal. He makes sense as a one year player only.

How 'bout them turnovers?

He hits Joey King on the run out to tie the game and we might be talking about an upset and preparing for California rather than Arkansas....

He doesn't hit 5 3s and we are talking about how young and inexperienced against big time teams Pitino is, and how his zone breaker wasn't the right play with who we had on this team.

We had a shot to beat a top 10 team in the country 7 months into a coaches tenure here with only 1 center and our 2 best players having an off scoring night. Malik is what he is, and that is a gunner who is going to be a zone buster and a turnover machine. he looks like a bull and plays as dumb as one at times, but he is what we need and Pitino rode him hard last night, and perhaps a bit too hard.

Malik has not had a very good start to the season. Yesterday h head a nice game and hit some huge shots when we needed them most. He also had five boards and 3 assists.Wasn't one TO right before the second half trying to launch up a shot leaving .3 seconds on the clock?

I tell you, Malik is the one guy who struck fear into the hearts of the Orange and the Hogs. Syracuse extended their defense to meet him out there.

I like Malik, he just needs to eliminate some of those bad shots, and have a little better shot selection.

I like Malik, he just needs to eliminate some of those bad shots, and have a little better shot selection.

Not sure what shots your talking about, but he has serious range, can pull from anywhere with about the same accuracy. If he is pulling deep because it's open, pull away.

Not sure what shots your talking about, but he has serious range, can pull from anywhere with about the same accuracy. If he is pulling deep because it's open, pull away.

Don't let these arguments skew what I think about Malik, because I really like him, and he's our best scorer at this point in the season. But for example catching a pass in the corner and hoisting up a contested fad-away three that missed the rim by a yard, and at other times he gets a little shot happy. I'm not complaining though, since he's fulfilling his role!

Top Bottom