Duke/Vermont on ESPNU

mplarson7

Reaction score
Vermont up 3 with less than 5 minutes left and shooting 70% against Duke. One can dream, right? I may have to become a Vermont fan!

Didn't see the game but saw Dook won by 1 when Vermont fouled with 5 seconds left. Anyone see the ending? Was it a real foul or was it a gift?

Talk about a strange day. Michigan went down... Talk about an overrated team. I can't stand them.

Didn't see the game but saw Dook won by 1 when Vermont fouled with 5 seconds left. Anyone see the ending? Was it a real foul or was it a gift?

It was legit...I guess. But on the previous Vermont possession, Duke was up 4. Vermont hit a 3, and a Duke defender fell down and slid underneath the Vermont shooter, who promptly fell down when he came down from the jump shot. Refs called a foul, and Vermont made the 4-point play.

Vermont had a shot to win it, but they were apparently unaware of how much time was on the clock. Too much dribbling, and time expired before they got a shot off.

Vermont had a shot to win it, but they were apparently unaware of how much time was on the clock. Too much dribbling, and time expired before they got a shot off.

Saw the highlight online. Vermont got a beautiful baseline look and sank the shot, but it was a good second after the horn. They needed a desperation heave instead.

looked like a gift to me. Offensive player initiated the contact into a defender that was straight up. And it was still all ball. It looked like the new rules that are geared toward giving every call to the offensive player came into play.

Top Bottom