NDSU vs GOPHERS . Lets Play!

That's very true, he's in the minors. Laber.

Got 2 great Freshman Pitchers, Zach was offerred by U of Minn I believe.

STRAKA, WENTZ 1-2 IN LEAGUE PITCHING RACE: North Dakota State freshmen John Straka and Zach Wentz have the best two ERAs in The Summit League through three weeks of play. Straka is 2-1 with a 0.89 ERA and ranks third with a .188 opponent batting average. Wentz is 2-0 with a 1.15 ERA in two starts and is ranks fourth with a .208 opponent batting average

The Bison won 2 of 3 from the Gophers last year, including a 9-4 win in Fargo on May 7!!!

Its that time of the year again!! NDSU vs GOPHERS at gorgeous NEWMAN FIELD, Wed 4pm

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=84827703326#/event.php?eid=72488222758

This is gonna be a PARTY!! Bikini's should be in play!

now, LAST YEAR NDSU BEAT MINNESOTA.

Eric Decker got hounded by the NDSU football players in left field. it was fun as hell!

So see you at NEWMAN!!

Great. Throw yourselves a big ol' party, which is apparently what you do anytime you happen to play Minnesota in any sport.

Great, grand, wonderful for you. For our guys? It's more like "when do we get back to Minneapolis again?"

ask Eric Decker that.

its a fun atmosphere. how many baseball games do they get to play in front of 1500-2000 loud fans that are razzing them??

c

ask Eric Decker that.

its a fun atmosphere. how many baseball games do they get to play in front of 1500-2000 loud fans that are razzing them??

c

Of course. It's every college athletes dream come true to hit the road and be razzed by the other team's fans. :rolleyes:

Its baseball....razzin and hecklin goes back to the 'doubledays' day...haha

plus, anytime a college baseball game has over 1000-1500 fans has to be better to play for instead of 500-600 at sieferts ,,,

Gophs3-0 in 5th o'shea crushed a 2 run hr.... LOTS OF FANS...2000??

3-0 MN in the top pf 6

Issakson started and threw two shutout innings, the Klabunde threw two shutout innings, and now Bechstein is in and loaded the bases but got out of it without giving up a run.

O'Shea hit a two run bomb and Gominsky singled, and scored on a sac fly for the third run.

8-0 6th.... eric decker 'got lucky' with a 3run triple......haha

In the sixth, o'Shea had a bases loaded single, then Decker cleared them with a triple and Geason had an RBI single to make it 8-0. Sexton pitched the sixth, then Oakes in the 7th gave up a couple singles and 1 run to make it 8-1.

Oakes gets the first two in the 8th and now Fern is in. Everyone getting a little work today.

also of note, while the Gophers dropped out of the Top 25 after the Illinois series, we actually moved up in the RPI to #41 and have six wins vs. Top 30 RPI teams which will help come NCAA seeding time, last week the Rivals guy had us hosting and a 2 seed.

8-1 in 8th ndsu has left 10 guys on base...dammit,,,

if only tyler roehl can come up to bat vs the gophers secondary and get Ndsu a quick 7!!!

Ho hum. Another Gopher team wiping out another NDSU team. Yawn. On to games that actually hold some interest for Minnesota baseball the rest of the way.

2000?! actually, try 954 people lakes

not only do you and the rest of the fighting sioux fans over-estimate the number of UND fans that showed up to the metrodome for football games against minnesota, but apparently you do it with non-conference, mid-season, mid-week baseball games as well! oh lakes....will you ever learn my son?! keep tryin' :rolleyes:

lakesbison - how do you "get lucky" with a 3 run triple?!

8-0 6th.... eric decker 'got lucky' with a 3run triple......haha

either you cleared the bases with a triple (which decker did) or you don't. not sure what the term "got lucky" even means here?? :confused:

does saying to yourself he "got lucky" with a triple make you feel better that decker made UND look like a girl's high school softball team today?

oh and i see that your fighting bison got "one-hit" by the gophers at glorious newman field. splendid! newman.......are we talking about the fat guy from seinfeld?

Lakes got served.....again.

Good luck to the Bisons the rest of the way in the Manitoba Conference or whatever the hell league you guys play in.

not only do you and the rest of the fighting sioux fans over-estimate the number of UND fans that showed up to the metrodome for football games against minnesota, but apparently you do it with non-conference, mid-season, mid-week baseball games as well! oh lakes....will you ever learn my son?! keep tryin' :rolleyes:

I was going to post the same thing about the attendance, pretty funny. You did refer to them as the fighting Sioux fans and of course they are the Bison. The Gophers played the NDSU not UND.

They TRY and do the COMMON MAN thing by saying the wrong team.

real clever stuff.

yea. we needed Tyler Roehl to bat vs the GOPHERS Secondary and tie that game up with a 7 !

Im happy to see John Anderson didnt get kicked out again, that woulda been 3 times in 3 years.

Gophers tie up the series 2-2 in the last 4 games.

NDSU plays national powerhouse Oral Roberts fri-sat in summit league play.

Wish the Gophers had more than just the big 3 batters.!! then they'd really be a threat in the big ten.

Maybe the Sioux should hire you to do PR...from the official press release:

Nick O'Shea and Eric Decker drove in three runs apiece to lead the Minnesota Gophers to an 8-1 victory over North Dakota State in college baseball Wednesday, April 22, before a crowd of 954 at Newman Outdoor Field.

I'm glad we don't do a Border Battle couple with UND

Baseball: MN 8-1
MBB: MN 90-76
WBB: MN 68-56
Soccer: MN 3-0
Volleyball: MN 3-0
Wrestling: MN 36-6

Lakes may actually think that you can score 7 runs in baseball with one swing of the bat. That's not fair, really, he really thinks you can score six, he just thinks you get to try for the extra point after you score the grand slam.

yes it stayed colder than thought, thus the attendence drop.

Football 1-1 last 2 meetings
Baseball 2-2 last 4 meetings
womens bball 1-1 in last 2 meetings
mens bball same outcome in NCAA tourney last year.
I believe our softball and soccer teams have beat them

Uhh...you didn't make the post about 2,000 people prior the game and then it got cold and that's why people didn't show up. You posted a message one hour into the game and said you thought the crowd was 2,000. Failing to realize that the internet consists of more than Bisonville and the Gopherhole and a quick search would prove how full of crap you always are.

They TRY and do the COMMON MAN thing by saying the wrong team.

real clever stuff.

yea. we needed Tyler Roehl to bat vs the GOPHERS Secondary and tie that game up with a 7 !

Im happy to see John Anderson didnt get kicked out again, that woulda been 3 times in 3 years.

Gophers tie up the series 2-2 in the last 4 games.

Wish the Gophers had more than just the big 3 batters.!! then they'd really be a threat in the big ten.

This is the best you can do for a comeback? No wonder everyone knows you are a joke. Gopher tie up the series? NDSU plays Oral Roberts? At least Anderson didn't get tossed? Wish the Gophers had more than three big batters? Are you serious? Was wishing for a homerun from a running back who played football against the Gophers more than two years ago? Again, what a joke. No wonder nobody knows where or what NDSU and their fans are about.

Bottom line: We used a pitcher by committee and kicked the crap out of your little Horizon League ball team. Just like every other sport this year.

Lakes may actually think that you can score 7 runs in baseball with one swing of the bat. That's not fair, really, he really thinks you can score six, he just thinks you get to try for the extra point after you score the grand slam.

Yeah, in a long line of stupid statements made by this person, this one takes the cake. :clap:

But like you, I don't doubt he actually believes it. Again, what a joke.

Uh huh. Yeah, okay, spin, um, we were competitive recently, um, spin, I think we might have beaten them in some sport sometime during our lifetime, um, spin, we did the same at the NCAA basketball tournament, um, spin, we won a football game a couple of years ago, um, spin, attendance was lesser because it was cold (even though everybody knows the truth is I can't count), um, spin.....

Nice to see rinse and spin work well in Bisonville.

Come on Lakes, you we're actually behaving yourself very well and then you had to go run your mouth again.

So you play national power:rolleyes: Oral Roberts this weekend, WOW. Let's see, ORU is rated at #53 in the RPI, MN is currently #40, so far this year Minnesota has beaten #12 TCU twice on the road, #17 Hawaii, #34 Ohio State twice, #35 Cal Santa Barbara, #56 Dallas Baptist three times, and #58 Missouri. We'll be sure to think of you guys when we're playing in the tournament, then again we probably don't have much chance with just three big batters:confused:.

As for the series, it is 8-3 since 04 when you guys made the jump. The funny thing about that is all three of your victories have one thing in common, Jake Laber. You guys we're not in a conference so you had the luxury of throwing your very good ace almost everytime we played while we threw 5-6 bullpen pitchers. Laber twice went 8 innings in those wins. I think the results may have been just a bit different had Minnesota thrown one of our weekend starters. Now that you have a conference, you don't have that luxury this year and we saw the result.

As for the other sports,

Softball, you are correct, the series is 5-1 for MN with NDSU winning 1-0 in 06.
Womens basketball, you are also correct, the series is 3-1 MN with NDSU winning in 06, of course that was the year after the mass transfer so MN had 7 freshman in the top 9 rotation.
Volleyball- never mind, you have no chance as was proven in the ass kicking you got in the tournament last year even without MN's best player.
Soccer, you we're wrong, NDSU and MN have played three times with mn winning all three by a 8-1 combined score.
Lets see what else,
Wrestling, no those have been huge blowouts with NDSU never coming close to challenging MN.
You guys don't do mens or womens Hockey but it wouldn't matter as those would be ass kicking as well.
Golf, Don't think so as Minnesota is one of the National elites and NDSU is well, not even sure they have the program.
Interesting how you choose to use the same tournament result in you mens basketball argument, I guess I wouldn't want to bring up the head to head results either if my team had lost 90-76, 88-56, 63-49, and 70-57 in the four years we have played. Would you like to compare NCAA results the next three years?
Of course you will always come back to football because thats pretty much all you got.

NDSU beat ORAL ROBERTS in game 1 3-2 on saturday vs Oral's ACE pitcher. and we didnt even throw our ace.

it was a great great win for the NDSU program!! should help U of M's RPI!

In the past 2 years NDSU has had 2 players drafted into the NFL to the gophers 1. Once again the Bison beating the gophers both on and off the football field.

Gophers
Barber

Bison
Mays,Schommer

In the past 2 years NDSU has had 2 players drafted into the NFL to the gophers 1. Once again the Bison beating the gophers both on and off the football field.

Gophers
Barber

Bison
Mays,Schommer

Keep on reaching for things to crow about there buddy. It's very entertaining.

Top Bottom