NFL Network

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Any options for getting the game other than buying the whole NFL package?

ESPN360 and NFL Network are the two worst TV scenerio's.

Sad Commentary

When college bowl games are on pay per view.

It should not happen - ever.

NFL network is probably on a sports tier--at least it is for Comcast. 9.95 a month or something like that for the package. No need to get the NFL package--unlike 360, you can actually pay to get this, so no whining allowed. Now, as to the discussion of who the heck would ever pay extra to watch the current Gopher squad. . .

Just grab a few of your Gopher buddies and hit up your favorite drinking establishment. That's what I'd do.

Now, as to the discussion of who the heck would ever pay extra to watch the current Gopher squad. . .

You could save your money and watch the current Illinois squad. Oh wait, they're done. You could catch Rich Rod's club....wait, they had three wins. You could pay to watch Indiana in a second straight bowl....nope. I guess you could pay to watch Joe Tiller coach his final....wait, that just happened.

Man, bandwagons are tough to keep track of.

NFL network is probably on a sports tier--at least it is for Comcast. 9.95 a month or something like that for the package. No need to get the NFL package--unlike 360, you can actually pay to get this, so no whining allowed. Now, as to the discussion of who the heck would ever pay extra to watch the current Gopher squad. . .

Very similar to the Vikings without Pat and Kevin Williams huh?

Oh and while Dish Network also has the NFL Network on their Dish 200 Package, I don't know of any other way to watch the game. The NFL lives in constant fear that a dollar might be spent somewhere without their gettting a piece of it.

NFL Network is channel 212 on DirecTv with the Choice package. I have it after all.

Very similar to the Vikings without Pat and Kevin Williams huh?

Oh and while Dish Network also has the NFL Network on their Dish 200 Package, I don't know of any other way to watch the game. The NFL lives in constant fear that a dollar might be spent somewhere without their gettting a piece of it.

No, I'm sure watching the 7-5 Vikings is much better than watching the 7-5 Gophers. :rolleyes:

If we end up in the Insight Bowl, the Gopher BB team plays Michigan State in he Barn at 5PM on the 31st. I think the Insight kicks off at 5:30PM. Not good.

Hey Bayfield sounds great. I'll be over before the game for beer and nachos:)

Come on up. Will put you to work shoveling snow! Hope we have a good amount at that time.

I believe most service providers offer NFL Network on one of their programming tiers, don't they?

Comcast doesn't have contracts so you can call and pay I believe $6 or $7 and get the game and then call and cancel the next day or at the end of the month. I do it every year if there is something good on NFL I want to watch.

As a Gopher season ticket holder, I'd much prefer a 7-5 team that competes in every game. Tough to defend 55-0.

A year after going 1-11, and you're ripping this year's Gopher squad because of one bad loss. Talk about tough logic to defend.

Look forward to seeing you at the bowl game.

A year after going 1-11, and you're ripping this year's Gopher squad because of one bad loss. Talk about tough logic to defend.

Look forward to seeing you at the bowl game.

Yes, I think this team can be ripped. Did they improve? Yes. Was the performance against Iowa a complete embarrassment? Yes. When does the worst lost in over 100 years against a Big Ten opponent not call for some serious ripping? Now that we have a new stadium, can we become real football fans again--fans that expect the team to show up every week, fans that expect a decent bowl game once every decade or so, fans that don't accept multiple decades of mediocrity?

Yes, I think this team can be ripped. Did they improve? Yes. Was the performance against Iowa a complete embarrassment? Yes. When does the worst lost in over 100 years against a Big Ten opponent not call for some serious ripping? Now that we have a new stadium, can we become real football fans again--fans that expect the team to show up every week, fans that expect a decent bowl game once every decade or so, fans that don't accept multiple decades of mediocrity?

Of course they deserved to be ripped for the way they played against Iowa. In fact, the people sitting behind my group got pissed at us for how negative we were being the entire first half. (Line of the night from them: "The best thing about the new stadium next year is that we won't have to sit by you guys anymore." Ouch).

But you dismissed all the team accomplished this year with your "as to who the heck would want to pay extra to watch the current squad" line. The future is very bright, and this season is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I've said it before: the last time we started 7-1 was in 2002, when we also lost our last four games (in much worse - convincing - fashion than the four games this year, I might add). We went to the bowl game and upset a ranked Arkansas team, and then had our best season under Mason the following year. It all starts with the bowl game, which I will be more than happy to fork over a few hundred dollars to go see.

I was thinking something else about the stadium.

"Now that we have a new stadium, can we become real football fans again--fans that expect the team to show up every week, fans that expect a decent bowl game once every decade or so, fans that don't accept multiple decades of mediocrity?"

I was going to say with a new stadium can the team expect its fans to show up every weekend and support them no matter what. Or will the same excuses just be changed. The game at 11:00 am is much to early for people to come. Its way to cold, wet, hot, or windy to come watch a game. I have a problem with groups of fans who dont support their team because of the Metrodome excuse of not being on campus or that indoor football just isn't the same. The problem is that even with a new stadium on campus the excuses will be there they just will be different. I am a football fan first and foremost Vikings and Gophers I hope they always win but winning is the key to fan support. If you win fans will come.

Top Bottom