Observations

Shaqfu14

Reaction score
Couple observations from last night. 1) Like borninthebarn said in an earlier post defense is key to our game. Its early yet but our half court offense still struggles. I'm sure later in the season we'll actually be hitting the "roll" option on the high screen. Both Iverson and Sampson were open on that multiple times tonight. 2) Iverson is good and only going to get better and it is nice to see a big man work that hard. Sampson is going to be a nice ball player also once he adapts to the speed of the college game. It'll be nice to have Jon Williams back to spell Iverson but I doubt he loses his starting spot. 3) We need to block out better than we did last night. I know UVA was big but getting out rebounded by 13 rebounds and giving up 14 offensive rebounds is going to make for a frustrating Big Ten season. 4) Hoffarber needs a very little window to get his shot off but we are going to need to get the ball inside more to have a true inside/out presence and free up the shooters. I thought we could have got the ball inside better than we did last night "the big fellas are working reward them!" 5) The barn still isn't were it was when Clem was here. At times it got loud but there is still to much apprehension in the crowd to get it back to were you can actually feel it shake. Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom