Is there any way Big 10 can still win Challenge?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I suppose it's still possible, but it doesn't look very good for the Big 10 tied at 3 apiece. Big 10 needed to be ahead at least 4-2 heading into tonight.

Pretty much have to count IU & MSU as sure losses. That puts the Big 10 down 5-3. Puts the onus on Michigan, Northwestern & Penn State to pull off a sweep in their games, not likely considering two are on the road and the other is NW. Winning 2 out of those 3 I could see it happening, but odds are not all 3.

If the Big 10 loses another challenge 6-5 it will be very disappointing. Illinois and Iowa could have really helped the cause with one or two extra buckets last night.

Probably not

I thought it needed to be 5-1 after last night to have a chance, for all the reasons you stated.

The two point losses by Iowa and Illinois probably sealed the B10's fate.

I don't think there's any way. Indiana is a guaranteed, stone-cold lock to lose to Wake Forest tonight and MSU needs some kind of miracle to pull it off against UNC, which leaves us having must-win games for Michigan, Northwestern, and Penn State.

Iowa losing at BC was expected. But, you figured the Illini - playing at home - could win that game against Clemson. That's the one that will hurt if the Big Ten loses 6-5.

Top Bottom