Big Ten Wresting May Have Just Improved

tjgopher

Reaction score
Penn State just lured Cael Sanderson away from Iowa State. He'll coach the Nittany Lions.

With all of the talent in Pennsylvania and Ohio in wrestling, PSU will be very, very good with Sanderson as coach. In fact, it could impact the Gophers, in that we've mined a few kids from Ohio in the past.

Interesting decision by Sanderson to leave his alma matre. Sounds like he got a tremendous pay day.

Wow, they must of thrown some really big money his way for him to leave ISU, where he is a hero. I suppose when your football team makes money like they do at OSU, Mich, and PSU, then you can afford to pay your smaller sports coaches some big salaries. Meanwhile J and crew still are stuck in the basement at Bierman and working wothout a contract and only his large camp income to really support him.

Sad day down in Ames. I thought about going to Iowa State. But it sounds like Iowa State wants to become one of the best programs in the nation they are going to have to ponny up some money to get it done. After losing Gable to Iowa and Sanderson to PSU, both of whom won individual national titles at ISU they are going to have to find a way to pay the coach to get it done.

As for J I know he makes bank on his camps but they are going to have to up the falicity ante for him to win a few more NC's. Maybe they can be creative and come up with moving some rooms around in Williams, SP and the new basketball practice courts.

Top Bottom