Very solid overall effort tonight

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Great team defense tonight, the best defensive performance of the season, without question.

16 FG's and 18 TO's tonight for Virginia. Sure, it's an inexperienced Virginia team that may not tear up the ACC but it was a solid performance tonight on national TV.

I like how Tubby is dishing out the minutes. There were times in both halves when things weren't going great with the second five and he let them stay out there, particularly Devoe when he struggled. The experience the young/new guys are getting will be invaluable as the season goes on.

I think we're right on pace with where you might expect us to be, regardless of record.

I'm slightly about Paul Carter's development. By the time he gets back, it'll be BT season time and he may have a hard time getting on the floor to get the game experience and chemistry with the rest of the roster. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. To top things off, next year Royce and Rodney will be here and it'll be harder yet to get minutes. If he's truly VERY talented, this won't hold him back that much but it makes his margin for error a lot smaller.

Great win tonight. Best defensive effort yet!!!

Did anyone else think Carter was limping more tonight than on Saturday when he was in civvies for the NDSU game?

He was wearing a goofy ski boot thing. He was shuffling pretty quick after the game, but not so gracefully with the boot.

It was reported somewhere (can't remember where) that Carter's ankle sprain was Grade 3 (complete rupture, 3-6 week recovery). He will limp for awhile.

Top Bottom