Gophers-Northwestern Game 3

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Gophers we're down 4-0, and then chipped away getting single runs in the middle innings to cut it to 4-3 and then in the 7th, Nick O'Shea hit a three run bomb with two outs to give the Gophers a 6-4 lead in the 8th.

Good weekend for the Gophers

Swept a team they should have swept. After the split with Missouri and the sweep, the Gophers seem to have found a groove. Weekend starters have done a great job.

Scott Matyas comes in and closes out his second straight game as Gophers win 6-4. Rosin struggled a little early apparently and the guys fell behind 4-0 at one point. But the Gophers came back in fine fashion and it sounded like Lubinsky did a really nice job out of the pen.

Gophers now stand at 20-10 overall and 6-2 in the Big Ten and at worst will be tied for first in the league after today :clap::clap::clap:

This week the guys host UW-Milwaukee and South Dakota State before heading to Illinois for a big three-game series next weekend. Go Gophers!!!!!:D:D

Good Win

It was a good win. Our pitching seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully our hitting will come around more.

Sounds like Lubinsky came in and threw 3 1/3 innings of one hit ball to get the win, he also threw four strong innings in the first Missouri game. A little suprsied as I thought he would be a potential starter on tuesday or wednesday. Not bad for a true freshman, I would think he will be our #2 starter next year.

:mad:I heard on the radio that thye have moved the Purdue series from Siebert to the Metrodome:mad: Siebert must really be in bad shape, that sucks. Hope they keep the UWMilwaukee and SDSU games at Siebert, I want to watch ball outdoors.

Top Bottom