Andre Hollins on team: “Much more energetic, enthusiastic. Just the whole program."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Andre Hollins on team: “Much more energetic, enthusiastic. Just the whole program."

per Shama:

Andre Hollins said the Gophers, who have started fall practice preparing for their first exhibition game against Cardinal-Stritch at Williams Arena on November 1, are embracing the changes. “Much more energetic, enthusiastic. Just the whole program,” he said.

The team’s best players are likely to be the guards. The strategy could be to compensate for lack of size and talent in the frontcourt by playing wide open basketball — fast breaks, quick shots, full-court defense, double teams, and force turnovers.

The Gophers want opponents to panic and to do so Hollins is already seeing the importance of conditioning for himself and teammates. “We’re playing hard-nosed full-court defense an hour twenty minutes in practice,” he said. “I don’t think many teams do that in the nation.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

If you've never played in a running, pressing system, truly all you do in practice is run. Our goal was to make the other team puke. Realistically, we could occasionally get the other team to go small.

Or the other team could force us to go big. Then what???

I look forward to Pitino's style and see how it fits into the BIG.

Or the other team could force us to go big. Then what???

I look forward to Pitino's style and see how it fits into the BIG.

Then we go for short spurts with Mo and Eliasson-as long as they are not in foul trouble. Mo can play some limited minutes at the 4 in a slower game.

Then we go for short spurts with Mo and Eliasson-as long as they are not in foul trouble. Mo can play some limited minutes at the 4 in a slower game.

This. To combine the thoughts in this thread, Mo and EE may have to play until the puke or foul out.

Coach Pitino is trying to instill a new philosophy in the B1G. I am excited to look for the success he has. Win, lose, or draw, this is gonna be fun to watch rookie Coach P and the Hollins boys gel.

I'm all for running as long as we aren't also leading the conference in turnovers. Rebounding and TO's tell the tale of a majority of wins or losses in basketball. What I hope for is that we play quick, but under control and that we actually have a plan for getting our shooters an open look. I was so tired of watching four kids stand while the guy with the ball dribbled until the shot clock neared zero. If Pitino can get the kids to move without the ball and we can hit an open player for a clean shot, I'll be happy. I have confidence that the Hollins kids can knock down those shots if they get a good look.

Top Bottom