Jon Rothstein tweets about Gophers

joshvanklomp

Reaction score
(I apologize if there's a better way to embed tweets here, I haven't found it)

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3h
Just hung up with @MNCoachPitino, who is entering his first year in the Big Ten.

.@MNCoachPitino on Minnesota's style "We've got a way they we like to play but we have to understand that games are going to be slow too."

.@MNCoachPitino on Andre Hollins "He's going to play 1, 2, and 3 for us."

.@MNCoachPitino on Austin Hollins "He's been very good every single day. He's a model of consistency."

.@MNCoachPitino on the PF spot if Joey King isn't cleared "We may go small with Austin Hollins there or play Wally Ellenson."

.@MNCoachPitino on Maurice Walker "He showed a commitment to getting in shape. Now he has to understand the basketball aspect."

.@MNCoachPitino on Dre Mathieu/Maverick Ahanmisi "Our PGs have to value the basketball. It's too important to turn over."

.@MNCoachPitino on Malik Smith "Every shot he takes he thinks is going in."

Early prediction on Minnesota starting five -- Andre Hollins, Malik Smith, Austin Hollins, Wally Ellenson, Elliott Eliason....

Going over Malik Smith's numbers from last year at FIU. Made 96 3's + shot 36% from deep. Key addition for Minnesota.

.@MNCoachPitino on Dre Mathieu/Maverick Ahanmisi "Our PGs have to value the basketball. It's too important to turn over.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's how you embed a Tweet:

- go to the original Tweet
- click More
- click Embed Tweet
- copy the code provided
- paste the code into the comment area on GH

You've now got yourself an embedded Tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just hung up with <a href="https://twitter.com/MNCoachPitino">@MNCoachPitino</a>, who is entering his first year in the Big Ten.</p>— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/statuses/386153459633778689">October 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmm... didn't work. I tried to embed my first Twit.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Thanks, WindyCity.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just hung up with <a href="https://twitter.com/MNCoachPitino">@MNCoachPitino</a>, who is entering his first year in the Big Ten.</p>— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/statuses/386153459633778689">October 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmm... didn't work. I tried to embed my first Twit.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Thanks, WindyCity.

*Facepalm*

Interesting lineup projection with Dre, Malik, Austin, Wally, and Eazy-E. Definitely a pressing line up though.

Jon Rothstein aka the guy who picked us to finish in last place.

Jon Rothstein aka the guy who picked us to finish in last place.

Absent any new information (like playing a game), I can't argue with his prognostication.

New Coach, new system, new style and the words "Mav might start" all make me feel like last place isn't out of reach.

Interesting lineup projection with Dre, Malik, Austin, Wally, and Eazy-E. Definitely a pressing line up though.

Wally at the 4? I hope his leaping ability really is real and spectacular or we'll get killed on the boards in B1G play.

That was his predicted lineup, not Pitino's, right? I'd imagine either King or Buggs will start at PF.

I'd imagine none of us knows what we are talking about.

Didn't claim that I know who will start. Notice I said "I'd imagine" and not "I guarantee." Given that there are only 13 scholarship players and each player tends to play their own specific positions, there is a pretty good chance that I'll turn out to be right. Wasn't a bold or ridiculous prediction at all.

Pretty sure King would start over Wally if he's eligible. Maybe Rothstein was assuming he won't be.

Pretty sure King would start over Wally if he's eligible. Maybe Rothstein was assuming he won't be.

He responded he was assuming that. Although added the caveat just to be safe, not that he didn't think he would be or anything.

".@MNCoachPitino on Maurice Walker "He showed a commitment to getting in shape. Now he has to understand the basketball aspect."
"

Basically this means the Walker is awful.

".@MNCoachPitino on Maurice Walker "He showed a commitment to getting in shape. Now he has to understand the basketball aspect."
"

Basically this means the Walker is awful.

Idiot and/or troll. What legit Gopher fan calls them self a Goofer? Go back to Buckyville.

I graduated from the U fyi.

I find it interesting you mentioned that you graduated from the U instead of stating you are a fan of the Gophers. Like I said, what legit Gopher fan calls them self a "Goofer?" None.

I find it interesting you mentioned that you graduated from the U instead of stating you are a fan of the Gophers. Like I said, what legit Gopher fan calls them self a "Goofer?" None.

Or is trying to be cute by calling our teams "Rodents".

Top Bottom