Rick Pitino Radio Interview Comes To A Hilarious, Premature End

Brash. Rude. Lame.

If the Italian stereotype is true, and Rick has ties to organized crime, I don't like these guys' chances.

Chalk up yet another reason why I loathe Boston fans above all rest, NY, Philly, and Wisc. . .okay, maybe not above all else. Post-Pitino the Celtics experienced a great run with Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo, resulting in a championship and two other finals experiences. Move on with your sad pathetic lives. Perhaps it's the result of reading Bill Simmons so much, but the alternate braggadocio/whining for a fan base that's experienced so many great times/moments in the last decade, but can't enjoy it with class and when their respective teams don't win (the BoSox the past couple years), they're the biggest bunch of "poor me" s.o.b.'s. This "hilarious" radio interview seems to represent those fans all too well.

Rick Pitino is to Boston Celtics fans what Tim Brewster is to Gopher Football fans. Both arrived with big talk and big fan expectations and both failed. Pitino's "Larry Bird isn't walking through that door" speech in which he bashed Boston sports fans didn't exactly do much to help his cause either. Neither will ever been forgiven by the majority of the fans, rightly or wrongly.

It just sounds like some 40 year old losers laughing about nothing.

Rick Pitino was trying to use the radio station to pimp his new book. They pulled the rug from under him. But this interview isn't the only think with Rick that has been reported to end prematurely.

Radio show deejays are among the most annoying people in the world, IMO. This is a typical Boston/NY thing to do, and just stupid if you ask me.

GopherLady still in stitches over this; obviously not a Pitino fan!! Listened; would not devote the time to do so again

GopherLady still in stitches over this; obviously not a Pitino fan!! Listened; would not devote the time to do so again

She wasn't saying she thought it was hilarious. The thread title was the title of what she was linking, just like every other link she posts here

It just sounds like some 40 year old losers laughing about nothing.
Bostonians must have a weird sense of humor.

Honestly, at first I thought that Rick was the one who hung up because of how rudely they opened the interview.

She wasn't saying she thought it was hilarious. The thread title was the title of what she was linking, just like every other link she posts here

I love Louis CK's routine on the word "hilarious." It's...

Chalk up yet another reason why I loathe Boston fans above all rest, NY, Philly, and Wisc. . .okay, maybe not above all else. Post-Pitino the Celtics experienced a great run with Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo, resulting in a championship and two other finals experiences. Move on with your sad pathetic lives. Perhaps it's the result of reading Bill Simmons so much, but the alternate braggadocio/whining for a fan base that's experienced so many great times/moments in the last decade, but can't enjoy it with class and when their respective teams don't win (the BoSox the past couple years), they're the biggest bunch of "poor me" s.o.b.'s. This "hilarious" radio interview seems to represent those fans all too well.

I imagine all Boston fans are like Bill Simmons: insecure, fake, whiny, self-centered, entitled, and not nearly as smart or as important as he thinks he is.

Top Bottom