Bleacherreport ranks Andre Hollins #1 player in the big ten

ugh, no idea why bleacher report keeps getting linked here or anywhere. it's a collection of random bloggers. in this case, bleacher report did NOT rank andre hollins #1 in the big ten, an auto claims processor at state farm insurance in illinois ranked him there. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-curi/4b/582/916

this guy ranks as the 1,452nd most read blogger for that atrocity of a site. yes, they rank their bloggers based on articles written, page views and comments.

It was based on a mock fantasy draft. Stats, not wins or nba draft potential.

stop linking to 14 year olds with blogs
start linking to 30 year olds with blogs

ugh, no idea why bleacher report keeps getting linked here or anywhere. it's a collection of random bloggers. in this case, bleacher report did NOT rank andre hollins #1 in the big ten, an auto claims processor at state farm insurance in illinois ranked him there. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-curi/4b/582/916

this guy ranks as the 1,452nd most read blogger for that atrocity of a site. yes, they rank their bloggers based on articles written, page views and comments.

QFT

Ryan Curi, Auto Claims Processor at State Farm Insurance, Ranks Andre Hollins #1 in the Big Ten.

Still has some punch.

bleacherreport comes from some young pup who spends his time at games under the bleachers where he can see more butts.

Ryan Curi, Auto Claims Processor at State Farm Insurance, Ranks Andre Hollins #1 in the Big Ten.

Still has some punch.

Ryan "discount double checked" his rankings so it has to be legit.

Many of you are very ill-informed about Bleacher Report. It's no longer just "a collection of random bloggers". Christ, they hired Howard Beck away from the New York Times. This particular article was by some random no-name, but don't cast blanket aspersions on the entire site on a non-factual basis.

Many of you are very ill-informed about Bleacher Report. It's no longer just "a collection of random bloggers". Christ, they hired Howard Beck away from the New York Times. This particular article was by some random no-name, but don't cast blanket aspersions on the entire site on a non-factual basis.

Yup. Hired Kevin Ding as well.

Yeah its almost like you people follow basketball as a hobby or something. Get serious.

I don't think it's that far fetched to put Dre at one, he's certainly in the running for top guard in the league, not saying he is, but he clearly belongs in the conversation

i know you guys might not like there amateur writers but i find it interesting to read their opinions and they have some pretty interesting rankings that they make

They've made some strides, but they still have a long, LONG way to go before they deserve to be taken seriously. They've done an awful lot to earn the scorn they get, and they're still doing a few of those things. (They're still the most shameful abusers of SEO, for one). I'm not even necessarily saying they'll never get there, but if they want to sit at the big boy table they've got to walk over the diarrhea trail they left all over the cafeteria floor.

O.K. So you and scher215 have listed 2 contributors. So I guess that bumps "random insurance guy" up to at least #1450 in the pantheon of posters to that site.

Dre reminds me of

Dre Hollins reminds me a bit of Tony Delk. Well not as well known nationally or as highly ranked comming out of high school, Dre can really light it up. They are similar sized 6'1" 190, and Delk had lots of questions about being an undersized "2" or could he play the point. He ended up having a nice 10 year NBA career. Here's to hoping Dre can carry this team!

Still has some punch.

Jake from State Farm had him much lower, so I can't give this much weight.

Yes, they have 2,000 knit wits as contributing authors and two guys that don't suck...and the two guys that don't suck only recently came on board....doesn't sound like a aspersion at all, sounds like an educated opinion as to the general relevancy of the site and historical evidence validates this opinion and the the poster is entitled to it...like you are entitle to yours. But why do you feel the need to attack the people who disagree with you (as you so heartily cried when you yourself were attacked for you opinion in another recent thread) and further, why you gotta bring God's son into this. I am 100% certain that if he exists, he doesn't give two sh_its about Bleacher Report or this article.

^^^ must have missed the "attack". Was it the part where he called people "ill informed"....and it was because they had bad (ill) information?

Yes, they have 2,000 knit wits as contributing authors and two guys that don't suck...and the two guys that don't suck only recently came on board....doesn't sound like a aspersion at all, sounds like an educated opinion as to the general relevancy of the site and historical evidence validates this opinion and the the poster is entitled to it...like you are entitle to yours. But why do you feel the need to attack the people who disagree with you (as you so heartily cried when you yourself were attacked for you opinion in another recent thread) and further, why you gotta bring God's son into this. I am 100% certain that if he exists, he doesn't give two sh_its about Bleacher Report or this article.

1) I didn't "attack" anyone.

2) They have far more than two "guys that [sic] don't suck". Again, ill-informed. If you're going to rant about something, first educate yourself on the topic.

1) I didn't "attack" anyone.

2) They have far more than two "guys that [sic] don't suck". Again, ill-informed. If you're going to rant about something, first educate yourself on the topic.

What an incredibly loose use of the word "rant." So, what percentage of their bloggers need to be legitimate for them to be considered for real? 5%, 10%, 20%? Right now it looks like about 1% of their articles are written by credible writers and the rest by guys just like you. For me, I'll wait until they get into double digits before I'll start defending them as a legitimate sports news source and not just a bunch of dpodolls spewing their crap.

Top Bottom