Walk On Tryouts?

There's got to be a few NBA-ready power forwards enrolled in CLA, right?

It's too bad Willie Burton graduated. I would have liked his chances.

Did the walk-on from Auburn quit? Haven't heard anything about him lately.

I tried out. They seemed really impressed. I'll be sure to post my adventures here when I inevitably make the team.

I hope someone dragged Maxx Williams over there.

I hope someone dragged Maxx Williams over there.

Funny, in thinking about random guys who could help this year, I also thought of Maxx Williams. No idea whether he actually played basketball in HS, but he sure looks like he could be a power forward in the B1G. We really could use some front court muscle and depth.

And if our football team plays the rest of the season the way they did against Iowa, the season will be over by the end of November.

Went to high school with Maxx, never played basketball. Actually played hockey for awhile.

Looks like someone impressed enough to make the team. afurry is this you?

Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) tweeted at 4:59 PM on Fri, Oct 04, 2013:Looks like the Gophers have added at least one walk-on, Jasen Baranowski, a 6-1 guard who played at Green Bay Southwest in HS (8.3pg as Sr)

Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) tweeted at 4:59 PM on Fri, Oct 04, 2013:Looks like the Gophers have added at least one walk-on, Jasen Baranowski, a 6-1 guard who played at Green Bay Southwest in HS (8.3pg as Sr)

He went to college to learn how to spell Jason.

Just kidding!

Looks like he was the 2nd best player on his team last year. Alex Moesch from his squad walked on at Wisconsin.

"Jasen Baranowski is a combo guard that can beat you off the dribble and has terrific long range ability."
from: http://brocketology.blogspot.com/2012/12/hortonville-vs-green-bay-southwest.html

Guilty. See you guys on the bench!

Guilty. See you guys on the bench!

Congratulations! I was hoping we'd find some 6'10" diamond in the rough PF out of nowhere, like an African exchange student or something, but hey a fellow GH'er is great too. Looks like you'll have a lot less time to spend surfing GopherHole this fall and winter.

Tell Coach Pitino he can scan the board for coaching tips whenever he feels the need. That worked great for Tubby! LOL

Congratulations! I was hoping we'd find some 6'10" diamond in the rough PF out of nowhere, like an African exchange student or something, but hey a fellow GH'er is great too. L

Where's an Ernest Nzigasomthinsomthin when you need one. That said, Ernest hit the states Nov (sr year high school though, not UMinn), still time?

Top Bottom