PiPress: Gophers basketball: Joey King still hopes for NCAA waiver

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"Hope to hear soon," Pitino said. "(I'm) optimistic, but certainly cautiously optimistic. Hopefully, we hear any day now. It's in the NCAA's hands."

"Joey has been physically very much ready to play," Pitino said. "He's the type of a guy I think can come in and make an impact. Hopefully, we hear something soon."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...-joey-king-still-hopes-ncaa-waiver?source=pkg

Go Gophers!!

Any new developments on this?

Joseph Young is waiting to hear on his Waiver at Oregon. I just heard on ESPNU. Not sure why NCAA is being slow not just at the U.

I have no idea if Joey King will be a Big Ten caliber player, need to see him play some, but to stay on the safe side I'm going to say the Gophers could really use him in 2013-14. Another big body added to the roster wouldn't hurt, even if interior play isn't his forte.

I don't see how it's fair that the NCAA hasn't made a decision on this yet. The waiver was submitted a LONG time ago from what I understand. Now the team is practicing and they don't know whether or not King will be available. It seems ridiculous, although that is expected when dealing with the NCAA.

Not sure this is related to the Waiver at all, but few things else it could mean -new recruit? -the scrimmage is tomorrow? Anyways, Mike Ellis just tweeted: "Good day to be a Gopher hoops fan."

Interesting. Usually coaches use that as a way to welcome a new recruit with out violating the NCAA rules.

Interesting. Usually coaches use that as a way to welcome a new recruit with out violating the NCAA rules.
Agreed. Maybe is actually a Morris commitment? Not sure.

Wording seems to imply something happened today- just haven't seen what yet!

If it's a new recruit my guess would be Nate Mason, he is expected to decide this week.

That's probably who I was thinking of.

Or maybe Ellis just feels today, like every day, is another great time to be a Gophers fan! No idea.

Or maybe Ellis just feels today, like every day, is another great time to be a Gophers fan!

You nailed it Scher215...Everyday IS a great day to be a Gopher Hoops Fan!

Top Bottom