CSU game -- let's watch at the Barn!

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
Given that the game starts at 9:30 and after the regular season finale at the Dome, it sure would be great if the Athletic Department would arrange for the game to be shown at the Barn. Many of us don't get "The Mountain" ... just think if the athletic department offered fans a chance to watch the game on the scoreboard's screen.

The only downside is the Barn's deplorable sound system ... it's almost impossible to hear the radio broadcasts when they're piped into the Barn (such as the post-game interview with Tubby). Son-of-Snowman likes to stay for the interview (I do too, in order to avoid the traffic) ... but we have to move down to the front to even begin to comprehend what's being said.

If you agree, please e-mail Joel Maturi

I sent this e-mail to Joel Maturi (Maturi @umn.edu):

It looks like many of us aren't able to catch the men's basketball game against Colorado State as it's broadcast by 'The Mountain' and that channel is generally not available.

Any chance that your department could open up the Barn and show it on the big-screen on the scoreboard?

It would be great to first watch the Gophers beat Iowa and then catch the broadcast of the basketball game!

If you agree, it might help to send a similar e-mail to Maturi and see if he can get his staff to respond to the idea.

One would think that the club room (if that is what it is even called) would be available. You know, the room with the big glass windows across from the student section. I'm not imagining thousands would show up.

One would think that the club room (if that is what it is even called) would be available. You know, the room with the big glass windows across from the student section. I'm not imagining thousands would show up.
Great idea! I would totally be there!

I know I'd be down for that.

If not, anyone know of a bar that will for sure have the game available?

Or for a really off beat idea-why doesn't the U make an attempt to get these games locally televised.

BTN?

Why isn't this game on BTN? That's what I thought the BTN was for. Guess I was wrong again.

Home Team has the rights

What really bugs me is that home games aren't on the BTN. The NABC was only on the .com. And other home games will be on ESPNU and 360.

Home team is a Mountain West team

that's why it's on the mountain, their only channel. The coverage is awful, almost as bad as being on Altitude, which shows WAC games.

Got an email back from the Joel,
(GortonsFisherman,)

I have had a couple of emails on this and am looking into. We do have a Women's Basketball Tournament (though no games at 9:30) and Football will just be ending so I am not certain. Thanks for the suggestion.

Joel

Top Bottom