Has Josh Martin just decided to be a Gopher?!

GameDay

Reaction score
Josh Martin has made up his mind on where he is going to college, during the Pittsburgh football game, confirmed by Marcus Fuller among others. Martin is either the sneakiest recruit in history, or is not masking it well that he will commit to Minnesota within the next few days. All the tweeting at gopher fans and local media, asking about what Ski-U-Mah means, etc. I don't want to be completely wrong, but it sure does seem like we've gotten our first 2014 recruit locked in.

Josh Martin has made up his mind on where he is going to college, during the Pittsburgh football game, confirmed by Marcus Fuller among others. Martin is either the sneakiest recruit in history, or is not masking it well that he will commit to Minnesota within the next few days. All the tweeting at gopher fans and local media, asking about what Ski-U-Mah means, etc. I don't want to be completely wrong, but it sure does seem like we've gotten our first 2014 recruit locked in.

I really don't know why everyone is so confident that we've got this kid. He tweeted that he has his mind made up while at a Pitt football game. Those circumstances would point to him choosing Pitt, not MN. If he does end up choosing MN, the tweet about him having his mind made up while at Pitt, is a d-bag move. I think he's smarter than that.

I really don't know why everyone is so confident that we've got this kid. He tweeted that he has his mind made up while at a Pitt football game. Those circumstances would point to him choosing Pitt, not MN. If he does end up choosing MN, the tweet about him having his mind made up while at Pitt, is a d-bag move. I think he's smarter than that.

Hmmmm....lets see..maybe the fact that he favorites or retweets every gopher response to his tweets and also the fact that his Pitt visit is simply that bad that it made his decision easier :)

And the fact that LaChance just tweeted that he would make his decision soon, and Martin tweeted back: "Text me bro..." The clues are all there.

Not so fast my friend ...

Tweet from a Pitt site that Ryan James gave a RT

“@MattSteinbrink: Sounds like things are going very well with Josh Martin and Sheldon Jeter. I expect both to end up committing.”

Not so fast my friend ...

Tweet from a Pitt site that Ryan James gave a RT

“@MattSteinbrink: Sounds like things are going very well with Josh Martin and Sheldon Jeter. I expect both to end up committing.”

Wow that Matt Steinbrink really covers all bases. Note that he doesn't say WHERE they will commit.

Yeah, if you go on his twitter it's pretty obvious he won't commit to Pitt and has chosen the Gophers, unless he's a complete d!ck and is messing with Gopher fans. He's favoriting all of Gopher fans' tweets and is ignoring Pitt fans' tweets. Asking what Ski-U-Mah means, telling LaChance to text him, etc. I'd be floored if he doesn't commit to the U.

Is he telling Lachance to text him to try and get him to go to Minnesota with him?

The crystal balls for both Martin and LaChance are still at 100% Minnesota. Not sure how often they update those though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pittsburgh lands commitment from Sheldon Jeter, sources told ESPN.</p>— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/384124366654816256">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The crystal balls for both Martin and LaChance are still at 100% Minnesota. Not sure how often they update those though.

The Crystal Balls don't know anything. They know just as much as you and I know.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pittsburgh lands commitment from Sheldon Jeter, sources told ESPN.</p>— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/384124366654816256">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

And now for the other shoe.

Obviously, if he was going to pick Pitt., he would have done it with Jeter. He would also be disrespectful to pick us during a Pitt. visit. So now I am confident enough to reveal my crystal ball prediction. Josh Martin to the Gophers! (I have no connection, I have no inside info, I have no money, I'm just going on the fact that we need good news in Gopher sports.)

Yeah, if you go on his twitter it's pretty obvious he won't commit to Pitt and has chosen the Gophers, unless he's a complete d!ck and is messing with Gopher fans. He's favoriting all of Gopher fans' tweets and is ignoring Pitt fans' tweets. Asking what Ski-U-Mah means, telling LaChance to text him, etc. I'd be floored if he doesn't commit to the U.

+1

I love reading about how these 17-18 year old kids mess with the minds of people to really phuck them up.

My crystal balls haven't updated for so long that they have burned out.

Think you're off on this one.

Definitely off. In what way does some other random Pitt recruit Martin never even knew affect his college decision (which appears to be the Gophers)? Simple answer, it doesn't.

Well Coolio I guess...now Lachance or bust??

Yes, I'd say then LaChance would be the difference between making the 2014 recruiting class a nice one we can all live with, or another bad recruiting class.

Yes, I'd say then LaChance would be the difference between making the 2014 recruiting class a nice one we can all live with, or another bad recruiting class.

This board is soo full of overreactions.... big 3 still on the board and weve decided the class is terrible based on 2 kids we knew nothing about 2 months ago...

Its a long process, patience is key...

This board is soo full of overreactions.... big 3 still on the board and weve decided the class is terrible based on 2 kids we knew nothing about 2 months ago...

Its a long process, patience is key...

Of course we need to be patient. But I don't think the big three will stay home, I think that's the general consensus. These are the last couple kids of high quality that have expressed interest in being a gopher.

Of course we need to be patient. But I don't think the big three will stay home, I think that's the general consensus. These are the last couple kids of high quality that have expressed interest in being a gopher.

Last couple of high quality kids? There are plenty of kids that go unranked by the recruiting services that go on to have good college careers. Lachance and Martin aren't the only two quality players left.

Last couple of high quality kids? There are plenty of kids that go unranked by the recruiting services that go on to have good college careers. Lachance and Martin aren't the only two quality players left.

I didn't say they were the last two quality players. I said they were the last high quality. And I don't think anyone wants another mediocre class.

I didn't say they were the last two quality players. I said they were the last high quality. And I don't think anyone wants another mediocre class.[/QUOTE

Adonys Henriquez must be low quality.

Guys lets be real hear he just tweeted he's at Minneapolis on "layover" to Seattle..

Top Bottom