Who will be our first commit for the 2014 class?

• Josh Martin

Votes: 74 59.7%
  • Riley LaChance

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Tyus Jones

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Rashad Vaughn

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Reid Travis

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Josh Cunningham

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Carlos Morris

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Abdoulaye Gueye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adonys Henriquez

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bonzie Colson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

This poll should probably have been, "other than Josh Martin who do you think will be the first to commit?"

He is the only one that feels like a decision pro or con will come shortly and has some positive steam behind it.

poll missing "none of the above" as a choice.

Josh Martin most likely. I hope. If we miss out on him too I'm going to go into a frenzy.

Voted Martin (really like him), but also really want Lachance. How awesome to have a Wisky kid that could make a real mark before graduating.

Voted Martin, the optimist in me says I should pick one of the next guys who will decide :)

A month go I would have said with 90% confidence it would be Macura. Shows what I know. I have no idea.

I'd probably change my answer to Morris now if I could. Hope to get Morris and Martin in the next week or so. LaChance would be a bonus. Get all 3 of those guys + Vaughn and I'd be elated.

Some 3-star with very few other options...

Would love to get a 4 or 5 star, but nothing wrong with 3 stars, Burke was 3 star he turned out pretty good, as long as they fit your system a 3 star recruit should be a good player as an upperclassmen

Can someone put the star system in perspective? How many 5 stars are there each year? 4 stars? How many D1 programs?

Can someone put the star system in perspective? How many 5 stars are there each year? 4 stars? How many D1 programs?

Generally 25 5-stars, although some years they will extend it a couple if it's a really good class. Spots 26-100 are 4-stars (but like 5-stars, will sometimes be extended a couple spots). The rest of the 150 will be 3-stars and then the amount of unranked 3-stars varies each year. Can't remember exact number of teams, but it's over 300.

I just asked this on a different link then read this page....so I will ask again. Does anyone know why Martin is only ranked as a two star player on the espn site? Really?

I just asked this on a different link then read this page....so I will ask again. Does anyone know why Martin is only ranked as a two star player on the espn site? Really?

He was in there top 100, a four star, and rated an 81. Now he's a 69. He must not be as impressive as we'd hoped.

Sigh.

He was in there top 100, a four star, and rated an 81. Now he's a 69. He must not be as impressive as we'd hoped.

Sigh.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but Ive seen ESPN drop many gopher commits drop down in the rankings after they commit here, and players projected to pick Minnesota get dropped (in both football and basketball). Not sure why.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but Ive seen ESPN drop many gopher commits drop down in the rankings after they commit here, and players projected to pick Minnesota get dropped (in both football and basketball). Not sure why.

I know in the past, I can't say for the present, that some recruiting services would rate or adjust players based on the prestige of the school they went to.

Top Bottom