Josh Martin sounds like a well grounded kid

GopherLady

Reaction score
With his decision coming near, I figured you deserved his own thread, instead of all the all recruits one.

Zips and I were just tweeting about him, and he replied with a very poised response. Sounds like this kid is very grounded.

I tweeted: @zipsofakron Exactly. I have a good feeling about @JoshMartin_206 - it sounded like he had a great #Gophers visit.

Josh Marting replied: @NadineBabu @zipsofakron everywhere you go your going to have a great visit. It's about what I learn about the program/people that decides.

Can't tell if that is good news for us? He was pretty vocal about how awesome his visit was. Now is downplaying it.

If we lost out on this kid, I'd be very disappointed. He's one of the guys who flew a bit under the radar when our heads were in the clouds a bit, but he fits a need with his physical tools, and I loved his videos. I really hope we can reel this guy in as our first recruit, because we need somebody to commit soon.

Not sure I'd say he's downplaying it. Just clarifying that there's more than just the visit to take into account when deciding on a school. Thought I heard that people were recognizing him when he was on campus. Hopefully that stuck with him.

Maybe he's subtly implying that the people and program here are great! We need blind optimism here.

Can't tell if that is good news for us? He was pretty vocal about how awesome his visit was. Now is downplaying it.

For those of you that didn't see his original comments, here they are: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...ketball-Recruiting-Thread&p=761876#post761876

Not sure I'd say he's downplaying it. Just clarifying that there's more than just the visit to take into account when deciding on a school. Thought I heard that people were recognizing him when he was on campus. Hopefully that stuck with him.

Maybe he's subtly implying that the people and program here are great! We need blind optimism here.

I agree with your take, sounds like he's making an educated decision, vs. the place he partied the most. And yes, this is what he tweeted on Saturday:

Josh (AVATAR) Martin @JoshMartin_206
How do people in Minnesota already know who I am???

I completely agree, a little bit of blind optimism is always in season. First Martin and then the neighborhood kid!

"Coach Jamie Dixon is a winner."

Except in the tournament....

I was so tempted to tweet him that, if I wasn't so classy ;). Jamie Dixon is the guy I'd want as my Coach up until mid-March. He always get a great seed, and loses so quickly...

Just noticed Martin dropped to a two star on espn, I wonder why, two stars generally don't have nothing, but high major offers and it seems like a huge drop off from the top 100

Just noticed Martin dropped to a two star on espn, I wonder why, two stars generally don't have nothing, but high major offers and it seems like a huge drop off from the top 100

That makes no sense. He was rated above LaChance last i looked.

Since it seems we're all on board with him, I don't think it really matters. I've seen him listed from 6-7 to 6-9. He looked to me on film 6-7. I'm just wondering when the neighborhood kid makes us proud, can Martin give us minutes at the 5?

That's crazy ESPN dropped him from a 4 star to a 2 star when every other recruiting service has him at a 3 star. Maybe that's a sign that we are about to get him. ;)

Not to sound like an alarmist, but the zag blog interview gave only a polite response about MN and was rather effusive about FSU. Hope he was just masking his knee Gopher.

Seems like a nice kid. Won't set the world on fire.

Top Bottom