Students Showed Up

Reaction score
Great attendance in the barnyard tonight, full to the brim. No need to coax people to get into it tonight. Dare I say, the Barn is back?

It looked full on TV but 80% of the crowd is sitting like they are on the couch at home most of game. After watching some of the other games tonight it really sticks out and looks kind of sad.

People have said before it is always more full when we're on National Television. Not sure why that is, but I hope they keep it up without that incentive as 90% of the games we have left are on the BTN. (Hey technically that is national television too.)

It looked full on TV but 80% of the crowd is sitting like they are on the couch at home most of game. After watching some of the other games tonight it really sticks out and looks kind of sad.

The rest of the crowd was very into the game. It was better than anything last year except Indiana.

The barn is not even close to the Clem era barn.

Great attendance in the barnyard tonight, full to the brim. No need to coax people to get into it tonight. Dare I say, the Barn is back?

Do any of the people in the first 20 rows behind the benches ever stand (or yell for that matter) unless they are running to the crapper due to a colon problem?

That crowd behind the benches is very visible and is always very dead. Even when the student and upper deck volume starts to rise these duds just sit there. It wasn't like that in the '90s.

They need to at least move these deadbeats to the non TV facing north side. This wasn't too impressive on TV.

Everyone told me the Indiana game last year was when the barn would come back to life; it did not happen that night (and I was there and stood the whole game) and it certainly did not happen this year based upon my TV perspective.

That bench side resembles the rest home that is the sideline seating area of a MN football game. At least they knock their canes against the oxygen tanks, and rattle their dentures and prostetics against the plastic seats.

I was in the front row on that side. I get frustrated sometimes too. The people down there really don't get into it that much. However, I've noticed that the student section can drive things. The first 20 rows will get into it if everybody else is, but they won't drive the emotion. At least nobody told me to sit down when I got a little crazy. Just a little point, but Royce and Rodney were sitting right behind me, and that whole row was just dead the whole game. I almost wanted to turn around and say, "look guys, everybody else is getting into it. If you want to play in a great atmosphere, you might want to contribute to it." I think the crowd was a lot better though, especially the student section. Don't think that there aren't some diehards behind the bench though. As I said, I was into it the whole game.

"People have said before it is always more full when we're on National Television."

Some of the "Animals" were in line buying single-game student tickets before the game. It would be great if these folks bought season tickets, or at the very least showed up in their costumes, ready to go crazy, for more games than just those on ESPN.

Cheers Gordie, excellent call on that one.

I think it's more of what applies to students versus general admission. Sure the general admission wasn't so full, but think about the day and time. Tuesday night at 8:30pm is FAR more appealing to students.

I've been to most (if not all) of the games the past three years, and the crowd last night was very good. Comparable to most of the Big Ten games last year.

That crowd behind the benches is very visible and is always very dead. Even when the student and upper deck volume starts to rise these duds just sit there. It wasn't like that in the '90s.

It would be nice to see these people show a little bit more enthusiasm. Donna Smith stood up with about 3 minutes left in the game when it had become apparent that we would win the game. She was waving at everyone to try to get them to stand up and cheer. No one did anything (except for santa tom). I wish this would change but if the coach's wife can't get the crowd to stand up and cheer, I am afraid no one can.

Top Bottom