SportingNews: Korie Lucious says weed reason for his dismissal at Michigan State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SportingNews:

The end to Korie Lucious’ career at Michigan State in 2011 came courtesy of the nebulous “conduct detrimental to the program” stamp from coach Tom Izzo. Nearly two years later, we know the real reason why Lucious had to leave the program and eventually landed at Iowa State: marijuana.

Lucious made that admission to BlackAthlete.net. And he also revealed that he and Izzo just didn’t mix.

“I was smoking I don’t want to tell a lot of people that but I was smoking a lot of weed at Michigan State,” Lucious said, per the BlackAthlete.net report. “That’s the real reason I got kicked off the team and I let my mom, family and friends down. To be honest Michigan State was a great program I’m not taking anything from Coach Izzo or the team but that wasn’t the place for me to be. Coach Izzo playing for him it wasn’t the yelling or anything it was the fact he just didn’t respect my game. Coach Izzo used to always call me an "And-1" player like even if I dribbled in between my legs and he would just yell at me and say “this isn’t And-1 Streetball”. I mean it was to the point I couldn’t shoot floaters or do nothing there man and he just put me in the position only to be a 3 point shooter and didn’t let me showcase my true talent.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...gan-state-smoking-weed-tom-izzo-and1-spartans

Go Gophers!!

per SportingNews:

The end to Korie Lucious’ career at Michigan State in 2011 came courtesy of the nebulous “conduct detrimental to the program” stamp from coach Tom Izzo. Nearly two years later, we know the real reason why Lucious had to leave the program and eventually landed at Iowa State: marijuana.

Lucious made that admission to BlackAthlete.net. And he also revealed that he and Izzo just didn’t mix.

“I was smoking I don’t want to tell a lot of people that but I was smoking a lot of weed at Michigan State,” Lucious said, per the BlackAthlete.net report. “That’s the real reason I got kicked off the team and I let my mom, family and friends down. To be honest Michigan State was a great program I’m not taking anything from Coach Izzo or the team but that wasn’t the place for me to be. Coach Izzo playing for him it wasn’t the yelling or anything it was the fact he just didn’t respect my game. Coach Izzo used to always call me an "And-1" player like even if I dribbled in between my legs and he would just yell at me and say “this isn’t And-1 Streetball”. I mean it was to the point I couldn’t shoot floaters or do nothing there man and he just put me in the position only to be a 3 point shooter and didn’t let me showcase my true talent.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...gan-state-smoking-weed-tom-izzo-and1-spartans

Go Gophers!!

Shame on Izzo for kicking a marijuana smoker like our DJ out. Also, shame on him for throwing him under the bus. Only if these coaches knew what they were doing.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom