Gopher pitching.....Isaksson?

Gophers2Omaha

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Phil Isaksson is? Has he left the team? Redshirting? Injured?

If he is redshirting, Coach Anderson may want to rethink doing so. Oakes and Bechstein are overmatched at this level. Nothing is going to change. They will continue to get rocked. Klabunde and Ryan are still young so they have a chance in the future. As of now, though, they can't be counted on to succeed.

The problem is that the Gophers are only 8 (including Scott Fern) pitchers deep realistically. This needs to be addressed or they are going to lose some mid-week games to some bad teams.

Personally, I would pull Isaksson's redshirt if that is what is going on with him. This team has a chance to be pretty special but they need to improve the depth of their pitching. He is a far better arm than Oakes and Bechstein and also adds another much needed lefty to the staff.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that knows Isaksson's status.

I thought I had heard that he was a bit banged up and was set to return sometime in the next few weeks. This could be wrong, but that's what I thought I had heard.

Anyway, we could certainly use another arm at the back-end of the rotation and in the bullpen.

He had mono. Not sure if he is getting a medical redshirt or if he is returning.

John Anderson did say at the beggining of this year that last year they used too many pichers. Anderson indicated that he wants to use 8 to 10 pitchers consistently. I think we could get by with 8 or 9 pitchers once the mid-week drops down to one game which it does in two weeks.

John Anderson did say at the beggining of this year that last year they used too many pichers. Anderson indicated that he wants to use 8 to 10 pitchers consistently. I think we could get by with 8 or 9 pitchers once the mid-week drops down to one game which it does in two weeks.

All I know after watching the Huskers go through the Big 12 tourney and regional and super regional to get tot Omaha on successive weekends in past years, you need all the pitchers you can get.

Agree

I agree that we need Isaksson and we need all the pitchers we can get. I just think Anderson is not going to use as many pitchers as he used in the past.

Anderson said he was not going to use as many pitchers as he did in the past. The way Buske and Handran are pitching, we do not need as many pitchers. Plus Rosin and Lubinsky look like they will be solid starters also.

Top Bottom