Wow: Charley Walters: T. Denny Sanford rules out further donations to U

Teague toured Nebraska's facilities with T Money Bags which must've meant he was considering helping the U, so kind of surprised. When I hear about Texas A&M raising 750 million this year alone from donations it baffles me how the U struggles raising money. I know we don't have Johnny Football but come on lets get the ball rolling.

Sanford is good at one thing at least - getting articles written about him. Amazing how much attention he's gotten from both the media and from the University without even beginning to follow through on all his big talk.

Maybe we won't have to read about him any more. That'll be the saving grace of this.

How is it that little old St. Thomas can tap the local well for $500 million, and the U -- the crown jewel of the state -- struggles to raise money for a practice facility? Where is the loyalty?

How is it that little old St. Thomas can tap the local well for $500 million, and the U -- the crown jewel of the state -- struggles to raise money for a practice facility? Where is the loyalty?

They still remember all the hot chicks from back at school in their glory days. They also happen to win every once in a while in a sport that matters (to them).

1500: Massive U facilities plan takes hit with news T. Denny Sanford is out

University of Minnesota athletics director Norwood Teague announced in July that he is on a quest to raise $190 million for a massive sports facilities overhaul plan on campus.

That plan took a hit this week, with the news that a big-time donor will not be involved.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...es_hit_with_news_T_Denny_Sanford_is_out091813

Go Gophers!!

Probably all because the State of MN shot down his plan for his South Dakota company to take over the University of MINNESOTA's teaching hospital. Sour grapes.

Probably all because the State of MN shot down his plan for his South Dakota company to take over the University of MINNESOTA's teaching hospital. Sour grapes.

On the nose. Poor Sanford didn't get his way. That just shows his true intentions. He was never intending to donate out of the goodness of his heart.

If someone was willing to give away millions of dollars they automatically get the right to be as picky as they choose about the terms.

If someone was willing to give away millions of dollars they automatically get the right to be as picky as they choose about the terms.

I agree. I was just stating why he all of the sudden wasn't willing to donate. It's too bad.

Sanford is good at one thing at least - getting articles written about him. Amazing how much attention he's gotten from both the media and from the University without even beginning to follow through on all his big talk.

Maybe we won't have to read about him any more. That'll be the saving grace of this.

+1

Agree. I am tired of Sanford trying to make every donation discussion about him and not the school. Lets all move on...

that St Thomas money didn't even come from a loyal alum--just a good donor.

per Shooter:

Gophers boosters haven't given up on enticing multimillionaire T. Denny Sanford to contribute to Minnesota's athletics facilities fundraising even though he said he's gone as far as he can financially with his alma mater.

Sanford, by the way, telephoned Rebecca Kill, wife of Jerry Kill, a couple of times recently, concerned about the popular Gophers football coach's seizures.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24148269/charley-walters-vikings-matt-kalil-says-winning-road

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Gophers boosters haven't given up on enticing multimillionaire T. Denny Sanford to contribute to Minnesota's athletics facilities fundraising even though he said he's gone as far as he can financially with his alma mater.

Sanford, by the way, telephoned Rebecca Kill, wife of Jerry Kill, a couple of times recently, concerned about the popular Gophers football coach's seizures.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24148269/charley-walters-vikings-matt-kalil-says-winning-road

Go Gophers!!

Answers the question of how he can slam the door on donating to the U and still end up getting plastered all over the newspaper. Amazing. What do WE have to pay HIM to just go away?

Answers the question of how he can slam the door on donating to the U and still end up getting plastered all over the newspaper. Amazing. What do WE have to pay HIM to just go away?

Do you honestly think he is calling the papers asking to be interviewed? I think it is more likely the other way around and he isn't obligated nor should he be to say no comment to a reporter calling and asking for his thoughts.

Do you honestly think he is calling the papers asking to be interviewed? I think it is more likely the other way around and he isn't obligated nor should he be to say no comment to a reporter calling and asking for his thoughts.

One way or another, he LOVES the attention.

Top Bottom