New Richard Pitino Blog: Positive Thinking, Supporting Coach Kill & More

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I thought this deserved its own thread:

As we embark on our season it is so important for our players and staff not to succumb to any negativity. People are constantly reminding me that some magazine or media member is picking us to finish at the bottom of the league. It's crucial for me and my staff to remind these guys every day that this will be a process. This will not happen overnight. Embrace the challenge, stay the course and be positive every day. There will always be critics and naysayers. It is so important for us to block all that out.

This week, we did two 1-hour team practices for the first time since these guys have returned from summer break. For the first time we put in our "white" press. This full court press consists of our power forward guarding the inbounder, and it's the guard's responsibility to force a speed dribble. Speed and athleticism certainly is crucial to playing this style. We have to be in great shape in order to do this. Last year at FIU, we finished eighth in the country in steals per game (9.8). That was a stat we took pride in. We have a long, long way to go but our guys are embracing the challenge. See everybody on Saturday at the football game!

Link below for the full bog:

http://www.gophersports.com/blog//richardpitino/

Go Gophers!!

He probably felt it was necessary to update the blog considering the seemingly downward spiral of our recruiting process. Maybe he's also getting a little more free-time considering he doesn't have to text all those recruits that have already said thanks but no thanks.

For the first time we put in our "white" press

How soon till the PC police at the U call this racist?

Top Bottom