MSR: ‘Scheme of dreams’ unveiled post-Tubby

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Spokesman-Recorder:

Current U of M AD Norwood Teague pledged in July that he would be “aggressive and committed” to building a new on-campus athletic facility. “We need this,” he said of the $190 million proposed football, basketball and training facility.

The “Taj Ma-Norwood” is much grander in scale than the promised practice facility that never came to former Gopher men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith while he was here. But somehow, just a few months after firing Smith, Teague can now unveil his privately-funded “Scheme of dreams.”

Somehow such dollars are finding their way to Gopherville now that a White coach is on the sidelines?

“This is a great plan,” said Teague, who quickly pointed out that Northwestern has already raised $55 million towards a $220 million building construction project.

http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/2013/09/13/scheme-of-dreams-unveiled-post-tubby/

Go Gophers!!

Huh????????

Is the article arguing the following or am I crazy??

1) Norwood Teague laid out the facilities plan after tubby smith was fired because he couldn't/didn't want to raise funds with a black coach.

2) Norwood Teague should instead be raising funds to fix the air conditioning for the predominantly white volleyball team over the predominantly black football and basketball teams

I am confused beyond words as to what the point/argument is here? Did we go from hating African Americans to now hating Caucasian females?

A good rule to live by:

If in doubt, blame whitey.

So even if the volleyball team ha a white coach he should still blame white AD Norwood Teague for not finding the AC because he's white?

I'm lost here.

^^yeah, I don't get it either. Is it that donors will now donate because we now have a white coach? I may need Souhan to figure this one out for me.

I'm sure this makes sense to somebody.

per the Spokesman-Recorder:

Current U of M AD Norwood Teague pledged in July that he would be “aggressive and committed” to building a new on-campus athletic facility. “We need this,” he said of the $190 million proposed football, basketball and training facility.

The “Taj Ma-Norwood” is much grander in scale than the promised practice facility that never came to former Gopher men’s basketball coach Tubby Smith while he was here. But somehow, just a few months after firing Smith, Teague can now unveil his privately-funded “Scheme of dreams.”

Somehow such dollars are finding their way to Gopherville now that a White coach is on the sidelines?“This is a great plan,” said Teague, who quickly pointed out that Northwestern has already raised $55 million towards a $220 million building construction project.

http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/2013/09/13/scheme-of-dreams-unveiled-post-tubby/

Go Gophers!!

Unreal.

Imagine- if somehow, some reporter would have been nuts enough to say (after firing Monson who was making a million a year) now with a Black coach we have found the money to pay 2 million. The guy gets fired inside of 24 hours. Racism is alive and well at the Spokesman Recorder.

The U needs to be fully investigated for institutionalized racism.

Note that Northwestern raised $55 million *AFTER* the tenure of Ricky Byrdsong.

^^yeah, I don't get it either. Is it that donors will now donate because we now have a white coach? I may need Souhan to figure this one out for me.

ha ha ha ha ha ha good line, mnsports. :clap:

Wow. I'm beginning to connect the dots. Crazy-*ss articles by writers of this so-called newspaper. Crazy-*ss posters occasionally on this site, taking shots at Pitino/Teague and defending everything Tubby did ... hmmmm.

I'm still trying to figure out you get from Taj Ma-Hal to to Taj Ma-Holtz to Taj Ma-Norwood

Somehow such dollars are finding their way to Gopherville now that a White coach is on the sidelines?

Umm, don't think so.

I was hoping this was going to address the question of why Tubby didn't setup Bierman in a way similar to Pitino.

This is eerily similar to when the Timberwolves were accused of racism for having "too many" white players on their roster.

This is eerily similar to when the Timberwolves were accused of racism for having "too many" white players on their roster.

Yep. The reason we didn't get a practice facility is because Tubby was black :rolleyes:.

Also, I'd almost forgotten the irony of community race baiter Ron Edwards calling the T-Wolves roster a “nullification of diversity and a reversal of history.” In a league that's 80% black, our team was 33% black, 33% white & 33% foreigners. Someone should explain what "diversity" means that d-bag.

I had some buddies that were referring to that team as "The Cream Team". Pretty good line.

I believe there was someone from this MSR News that talked about the Twins as well last year after they traded away Span and Revere. Surprise, surprise there was no mention that Hicks was expected to take their spots in CF.

Top Bottom