Espn Nonconfrence schedule analysis

schlegs

Reaction score
"Toughness scale: 4 -- The Gophers have at least one true standout game on their schedule: Their first-round Maui Invitational matchup with Syracuse, the best the 2013 Maui field has to offer. Which is not to say their trip to Richmond will be easy; indeed, after an injury-plagued 2012-13 season, Chris Mooney's program looks ready to pop back into tourney-bid contention this season. But that's basically it, besides a decent second Maui game with either Arkansas or Cal. Without would-be freshmen Andrew Wiggins (who chose Kansas instead) and Xavier Rathan-Meyes (who chose FSU, but wasn't cleared academically by the NCAA), the Seminoles could be in for another sub-.500 campaign, and from there it's all home cupcakes befitting a transitioning group -- which, under first-year coach Richard Pitino, is exactly what the Gophers are. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...091/nonconference-schedule-analysis-big-ten-3

Can anyone tell me why Wisconsin is playing St. Johns in Sioux Falls, SD on Nov. 8?

Can anyone tell me why Wisconsin is playing St. Johns in Sioux Falls, SD on Nov. 8?

The game is being played in a new arena in Sioux Falls. I can't remember all the details, but Joe Krabbenhoft's father played a large role in getting the arena built. Bo (and Steve Lavin) agreed to play the game there to help it gain some publicity.

Top Bottom