6th Row Johnson

CarterAveKing

Reaction score
We've got some good shot-blockers. But Damian is the most fun to watch. What a swat!

Of course the good shotblockers block it to a teammate, not into the audience.

But it does get the crowd fired up.

Of course the good shotblockers block it to a teammate, not into the audience.

Agreed, but it can be tough to do that when the momentum of the shot blocker is going towards out of bounds.

DJ can play some D. He should only be shooting the 3 as a last resort.

I noticed that he not only had something on his left hand (the one he hurt), but he also had some sort or tape around his shooting wrist. Last year his jump shot improved and I thought I had heard he worked on it extensively over the summer. Perhaps he is just rusty from not playing for awhile? Is his right wrist hurt? All I know is that he is, in my opinion, tied for the best defensive player on the team with Nolen.

Agreed, but it can be tough to do that when the momentum of the shot blocker is going towards out of bounds.

Of course you're right, but the great shotblockers find a way. But I don't mean this to be at all disparaging of DJ. His game improved a lot from 2 years ago to last year, and it looks like it's improved quite a bit again to this year. I'd guess it will improve even more by next year, and by then maybe he'll have added the controlled block to his repertoire. It's really fun to watch these guys continue to improve over their careers.

I think the right wrist has always been wrapped.

DJ was interviewed on WCCO after the game last night. He said the broken hand wasn't bothering him, but his wrist was. I think he said he hurt it a couple days ago.

Top Bottom