Q&A: Tyus Jones Discusses Baylor Visit, Still Undecided on Official Visit to Gophers

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Tyus Jones Discusses Baylor Visit, Still Undecided on Official Visit to Gophers

By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/283472?referrer_id=388419

Tyus Jones, a 6-2, 180-pound senior point guard from Apple Valley (MN) High, is ranked as the number three prospect in the Class of 2014 according to ESPN. He played in the recent Under Armour Elite 24 event in Brooklyn and was named co-MVP. Jones visited Baylor last week and has set up official visits with three other schools.

GopherHole.com caught up with Jones Sunday night after an Apple Valley open gym to learn the latest on his college recruitment.

Gopher Hole: I haven’t talked to you since the Under Armour Elite 24 event in New York. What was that experience like playing in Brooklyn and winning the game and being named co-MVP?

Tyus Jones: It was great. It was a great experience. It was a real fun event. Under Armour did a great job of putting it on, so it was a real fun event. Played well. Won the game, so it was a lot of fun. Nice event to end the summer.

Gopher Hole: Did you get to hang out with some kids that you maybe had not seen before or played against?

Tyus Jones: Yes. A few Under Armour kids and a couple of adidas kids, so it was good, but it was all fun. It was a great group of guys that we had out there, so it was really a blast.

Gopher Hole: You went to Baylor last weekend. What was the visit like?

Tyus Jones: It was a fun experience. Had a great visit. It was hot down there, but I enjoyed the campus, so it was a good first official visit.

Gopher Hole: Was it nice having Jahlil (Okafor) there with you because you are talking about playing at the same school, especially since you hadn’t seen him for a while since the Peach Jam?

Tyus Jones: It was nice. It was nice having him down there. He is one of my good friends and we are trying to go to school together, so we thought that we might as well take our official visits together, so it went well

Gopher Hole: Your next official visit is to Kentucky at the end of the month and then Kansas and Duke in October. Have you decided about using that fifth visit yet?

Tyus Jones: I haven’t yet. Not yet, so we are still deciding, but just taking it one visit at a time.

Gopher Hole: What about Minnesota? I know that you have talked about maybe taking an official there. Have you thought more about that?

Tyus Jones: I thought a little about it, but like I said I am taking it one visit at a time, so we are still deciding.

Gopher Hole: Tomorrow is the first day that coaches can come out to schools. Do you know who is coming out this week and have you talked to many of the coaches?

Tyus Jones: I am pretty sure all the schools are coming in this week.

Gopher Hole: Do you know who is coming in tomorrow yet?

Tyus Jones: Not yet. I don’t know.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought any more about when you are going to try to announce your decision or how you are going to announce it?

Tyus Jones: No, not yet. Still thinking about it, but we are taking the process slowly.

Top Bottom