CBS: Fox Sports will be 'active participant' in Big Ten rights talks

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

The Big Ten's current television deal doesn't expire until after the 2016 season, but that doesn't mean potential suitors aren't already planning to get in on the bidding for a new contract.

"I think when the time comes, we will certainly be an active participant in next round of Big Ten rights talks," Mulvihill said. "Clearly we have a majority interest in the Big Ten Network. We have an ongoing relationship with the conference with the Big Ten Championship Game. I think the relationship between our management and Big Ten Conference management is exceptionally strong. I expect that we'll be a very active participant in those discussions."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...be-active-participant-in-big-ten-rights-talks

Go Gophers!!

Competition is always good for the member schools because of the inevitability of bigger contracts and higher payouts. Hopefully the U will be able to start funneling some of this cash, plus the gusher from BTN, into the master facilities plan.

And those bigger contracts and higher payouts will promptly be passed along to everyone watching sports on TV through higher bills for cable T-V and dish network(s).

Hopefully we can get a network that will broadcast all of our games.

And those bigger contracts and higher payouts will promptly be passed along to everyone watching sports on TV through higher bills for cable T-V and dish network(s).

And you'll pay them because you feel its worth it.

Don't be mad because economics works. For $120 bucks a month, the amount of time the average american spends in front of the TV, its the best deal out there.

Top Bottom