Doesn't it feel like someone is going to commit this weekend?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Who will it be?

I just have a feeling...

"Doesn't it feel like someone is going to commit this weekend? "

Sparlimb, I feel it will happen next weekend with the Thursday UNLV Football Game a part of it.

If someone makes a commitment this weekend, I just hope it isn't Isaiah Whitehead (visiting Indiana). Let's hope Robert Johnson give them a commitment though.

The nation's #1 PG (according to many) Emmanuel Mudiay is supposed to pick tomorrow between SMU and UK. A lot of smoke out there today about him staying home and picking SMU.

Yeah -- Josh Perkins (to Gonzaga or UCLA), Mudiay (to SMU apparently), maybe Robert Johnson (hopefully Indiana), and hope to god not Isiah Whitehead or TumTum Nairn (on his OK visit).

Nobody's likely to commit to us until AFTER next weekend. I could see us getting TumTum and Macura commitments pretty early in September. If we're still at zero by mid September I'll be worried. Just need to get 3 by November, and they can fall pretty fast. Save the 4th for Vaughn.

The nation's #1 PG (according to many) Emmanuel Mudiay is ...

Yeah, I see Mudiay's even ranked as the #1 player overall in 247. Pretty crazy IMO though that some of these services have dropped Tyus down a notch or two, when all he did this summer was lead the EYBL in scoring and assists, shoot 46% from 3, and lead his undermanned team to the title over EYBL champ E1T1 in the last AAU event of the year. IMO Tyus reaffirmed his status as the nation's #1 player (or maybe 1A with Okafor) this summer.

If someone makes a commitment this weekend, I just hope it isn't Isaiah Whitehead (visiting Indiana). Let's hope Robert Johnson give them a commitment though.

Dear god I hope Johnson gives Indiana the pledge on his visit and beats Whitehead to it! If so, it could likely mean IU, Syracuse (if the reports hold true), Arizona and UCLA (according to his mom) could all be unprobable destinations.

The possibly of Mudiay to Southern Methodist is VERY refreshing in today's recruiting. He could easily be "another one of them" who goes to Kentucky as a stepping stone to the NBA, but by going to SMU he would be making a statement, "no, I want to help my build my home state school's program, and I have faith in my ability to turn this team into a tournament team".

*He already has a top SG to pair with him in the backcourt in top 50 recruit and SMU freshman Keith Frazier. I think the stepping stones are there for them to become relevant should he choose the Mustangs.

Being in the top 3 or top 5 of so many incredible recruits in the short time that Pitino has been on the job should indicate he and his staff are doing an awesome job recruiting. There has never been a reason to be so excited about the future of Gopher Basketball. This will be the best class any of us remember. Who does he get? Will they be off the current list? I don't know, but this is exciting.

Just dreaming, Nairn and Macura (underrated rapid developer IMO) would be a crazy good start. It isn't that late.

The possibly of Mudiay to Southern Methodist is VERY refreshing in today's recruiting. He could easily be "another one of them" who goes to Kentucky as a stepping stone to the NBA, but by going to SMU he would be making a statement, "no, I want to help my build my home state school's program, and I have faith in my ability to turn this team into a tournament team".

*He already has a top SG to pair with him in the backcourt in top 50 recruit and SMU freshman Keith Frazier. I think the stepping stones are there for them to become relevant should he choose the Mustangs.

While picking SMU over UK would be a big deal and nice to see, lets not forget who coaches SMU. I'm sure playing for one of the best NBA coaches in Larry Brown has its appeal too.

He could easily be "another one of them" who goes to Kentucky as a stepping stone to the NBA

Another one as in superstar known by every basketball fan in the country with nearly all of his games on national television on his way to making millions of dollars in the NBA?

Another one as in superstar known by every basketball fan in the country with nearly all of his games on national television on his way to making millions of dollars in the NBA?

so that is what you want? these kids to view college solely as a gateway to the NBA?

Being in the top 3 or top 5 of so many incredible recruits in the short time that Pitino has been on the job should indicate he and his staff are doing an awesome job recruiting. There has never been a reason to be so excited about the future of Gopher Basketball. This will be the best class any of us remember. Who does he get? Will they be off the current list? I don't know, but this is exciting.

Just dreaming, Nairn and Macura (underrated rapid developer IMO) would be a crazy good start. It isn't that late.

I hope you're right saying this will be the best class any of us remember. I remember the Trent Tucker, Darryl Mitchell, Cookie Holmes, Leo Rautins class which was tops. Hope you are right.......but we have nothing so far. We can be on several top players final three lists......if they don't commit it means jack squat.

I hope you're right saying this will be the best class any of us remember. I remember the Trent Tucker, Darryl Mitchell, Cookie Holmes, Leo Rautins class which was tops. Hope you are right.......but we have nothing so far. We can be on several top players final three lists......if they don't commit it means jack squat.

It's a shame that our best class has not been better than that. I agree that going to Plan B with Jack Squat isn't a good option.

It's a shame that our best class has not been better than that. I agree that going to Plan B with Jack Squat isn't a good option.
That class was rated about the best in the naton that year. Mitchell was considered one of the truely elite players in the class as we beat out UCLA for him. Rautins who transfered to Syracuse was considered the best player to ever come out of Canada. Mark Hall who was a great talent was in that class as well. Tucker was a lottery pick. Cookie Holmes out of Florida was also a highly recruited center. Kevin Stallings, Vanderbilts coach was in that class as well but transfered to Purdue. It was a great class. See no shame in that. Rautins by the way was a first round pick as well. Mitchell an All Big Ten first team guard after being a Mcdonald's All American high school player. I wish we had another class of that caliber.

nm

Some posters need a little pride and educate themselves ...instead of posting nonsense! Jim Dutcher s 1978 recruiting class was ranked No. 1 in the nation, but he says Tubby Smith s class 30 years later could make an even better debut.

Top Bottom