PiPress: DeLaSalle star Reid Travis gives up football to focus on basketball

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Travis won't be making an official visit to the Gophers, his father said. But Reid Travis is interested in seeing Pitino's team play this season before making a decision.

"They would like for him to take an official, but obviously Reid lives so close here in the city," Nate Travis said. "It would probably be a role reversal. Reid would probably be giving him (Pitino) more of a tour of the city than the coach giving him a tour."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23865436/delasalle-star-reid-travis-gives-up-football-focus

Go Gophers!!

Have we ever landed a good in state player that didn't make an official visit?

My positive take on this article is that both Travis and Jones are visiting this week. I also note that they both played and won the AAU championship this summer. Could we see a change of mind in both players so that they both end up at the U of MN??? That would be sweet!

per Marcus:

Travis won't be making an official visit to the Gophers, his father said. But Reid Travis is interested in seeing Pitino's team play this season before making a decision.

"They would like for him to take an official, but obviously Reid lives so close here in the city," Nate Travis said. "It would probably be a role reversal. Reid would probably be giving him (Pitino) more of a tour of the city than the coach giving him a tour."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23865436/delasalle-star-reid-travis-gives-up-football-focus

Go Gophers!!

Brilliant!! All new state of Minnesota recruits should give Pitino a tour of the city. This way the kid shows the new coach how great the Twin Cities means to them.

This is frustrating news regarding Travis. I am 100% sure I have seen him quoted on multiple occasions over the last several months, saying Minnesota will get an official visit. One at least one occasion he elaborated that on an official he'd get to see or do things not on an unofficial.

This is frustrating news regarding Travis. I am 100% sure I have seen him quoted on multiple occasions over the last several months, saying Minnesota will get an official visit. One at least one occasion he elaborated that on an official he'd get to see or do things not on an unofficial.
Not that big of a deal. Travis does not need an official to get a feel for the program. He wants to see them play which means we are in the hunt. Also opens up an official for the U to offer to an out of state kid who is clueless about the U .

Not that big of a deal. Travis does not need an official to get a feel for the program. He wants to see them play which means we are in the hunt. Also opens up an official for the U to offer to an out of state kid who is clueless about the U .

Pretty sure schools aren't limited in how many official visits they can host, recruits are simply limited to how many they can take.

Pretty sure schools aren't limited in how many official visits they can host, recruits are simply limited to how many they can take.
c. INSTITUTIONAL LIMITS: The total number of official visits any institution may provide
PSAs on an annual basis (August 1 through July 31) shall be limited to:
i. Basketball – 12

c. INSTITUTIONAL LIMITS: The total number of official visits any institution may provide
PSAs on an annual basis (August 1 through July 31) shall be limited to:
i. Basketball – 12

Fair enough, that's why I said pretty sure and didn't state it as fact. I learned something today.

Still think as far as major league professional sports are concerned NFL Tight End is his best shot. He has the athleticism, size, and big mitts.

Weird, Reid contradicts his Dad in this Q&A with Doogie:

Minnesota? Rashad Vaughn told me he won't make an official visit there because he can go there whenever.

I would do an official. You want to show them how committed you are. They've been recruiting you for these many years, so you want to show them you are looking into them and interested in them. I think that's the ultimate way to show them: taking an official. There's a lot of ins and outs you can do on an official that you can't on an unofficial. I am kind of excited to see all of that.

Still high on Richard Pitino? I remember last time we talked that you said you like talking Xs and Os with him more than anyone else.

I'm still high on him. He's a great guy. Then the staff he's assembled and the players coming in -- I'm excited for the program and looking into it more.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...ball_now_the_DeLaSalle_stars_main_focus081513

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom