Pitino gives tough-luck assistant huge lift

Sounds like hush money to me.

Hush money for what? this isn't Jimmy Williams. Balado turned down the job then later called to ask for it back when FIU messed it up(actually similar to jimmy Williams for FIU). It's a good story!! Be happy for the guy and maybe one day if you're lucky you can do to someone what Rick Pitino did for Balado

Great story thanks for posting it, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Hush money for what? this isn't Jimmy Williams. Balado turned down the job then later called to ask for it back when FIU messed it up(actually similar to jimmy Williams for FIU). It's a good story!! Be happy for the guy and maybe one day if you're lucky you can do to someone what Rick Pitino did for Balado

Great story thanks for posting it, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Same here.

Maybe we are trading an asst coach to Lville for a player to be named later.:)

Same here.

Maybe we are trading an asst coach to Lville for a player to be named later.:)

We gave UL Balado to be assistant in exchange for Rick to be an assistant here in a few years. We are just "stashing" him at Louisville as they say.

Not sure if this reflects more positively on father or son (probably both as I'm assuming Richard may have nudged his father) but it's a pretty cool story nonetheless. I'm definitely becoming a bigger fan of the Pitino brand than I was a few years ago.

BigSportsGuy......

Thus the reason in my original post that I said, "than I was a few years ago". At one point, I thought he was your typical arrogant, nobody can touch me, yet highly successful basketball coach. This incident certainly didn't help his image. However, I've been very impressed recently with how he handled the Kevin Ware injury last year, his hall of fame induction last year, and his continued run of success at Louisville without constant questions of NCAA violations. His son has also been very impressive this year too (in my opinion) in how he handles things here. I have no idea what kind of a husband he is now. Doesn't really affect me, nor should it be in the media spotlight.

Top Bottom