Kicker Chris Hawthorne was moved by speech from Pitino’s assistant Kimani Young

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

“It was incredible,” Hawthorne said. “I actually spoke to him a couple days ago. What a blessing it was to have somebody like that speak to us. I really do feel that through adversity, you do see who people really are. I would argue that not many people have been dealt the kind of blows he’s been dealt. He’s clearly responded really, really well from it. He’s an awesome, awesome guy. He’s an awesome Christian guy who uses his platform to advocate for his Christian beliefs. Talking with a bunch of basketball players who I’m friends with, they absolutely love him. They love coach Pitino.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...-moved-by-speech-from-pitinos-assisant-young/

Go Gophers!!

Kimani has an unbelievable life story, glad he's using it to help not only his basketball players, but other Gopher athletes as well. I think Hawthorne's comments showcase why he is such an effective recruiter.

per Marcus:

“It was incredible,” Hawthorne said. “I actually spoke to him a couple days ago. What a blessing it was to have somebody like that speak to us. I really do feel that through adversity, you do see who people really are. I would argue that not many people have been dealt the kind of blows he’s been dealt. He’s clearly responded really, really well from it. He’s an awesome, awesome guy. He’s an awesome Christian guy who uses his platform to advocate for his Christian beliefs. Talking with a bunch of basketball players who I’m friends with, they absolutely love him. They love coach Pitino.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...-moved-by-speech-from-pitinos-assisant-young/

Go Gophers!!

There is nothing greater in life than someone who comes back from tough times, struggles or addictions and turns it around to help others avoid it. Good for him and for the Gopher program. This staff is really an exiting group. It's os refreshing to heare that players are loving the coaches- that in itself is a major, major recruiting tool. See Tom Izzo.

There is nothing greater in life than someone who comes back from tough times, struggles or addictions and turns it around to help others avoid it. Good for him and for the Gopher program. This staff is really an exiting group. It's os refreshing to heare that players are loving the coaches- that in itself is a major, major recruiting tool. See Tom Izzo.

Agreed. I think the more positive publicity from current players, recruits, football players, etc. the better.

Top Bottom