ESPN: Bill Self: Eventual NBA move possible

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

"It hasn't really tempted me because I haven't had that many people talk to me about it," Self said Monday night, speaking to The Oklahoman during ceremonies in which he was inducted into the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City. "But at some point and time, sure, I think it would.

"It would be great to be able to match wits with the best athletes in the world, but I'm certainly happy where I'm at."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-kansas-jayhawks-says-nba-tempting-some-point

Go Gophers!!

Every coach in the country that goes up against KU for a recruit is going to use this statement against him. Surprised he'd say something like this.

Every coach in the country that goes up against KU for a recruit is going to use this statement against him. Surprised he'd say something like this.

I was thinking the same thing, I hope Vaughn is taking notice of this and would take that into consideration if he is considering Kansas.

Translation: I (Self) would love a contract extension from KU.

I wonder if Self has wanted to make the leap to the NBA for a while and was kind of stunned that the Celtics would consider Stevens over someone like himself. These comments may cause some NBA executives to take notice and potentially offer him a job in the future.

Some fishy stuff has been happening at KU for quite some time now. Maybe he's floating his name to get out before the jig is up?

Top Bottom